Snitches and Bludgers and Quaffles Oh My!

Jessica walked out of the castle alone on Friday afternoon and headed towards the Quidditch pitch that stood tall on the outskirts of the grounds. It was still the backtail of summer, so it had been a particularly sunny day and the sun was just starting to set, a golden blanket of light encasing the school. Her first academic week at Hogwarts was done, and she was ready for the weekend. No longer in Slytherin robes and in her favourite lilac hoodie and jeans, she hoped that the invisible divide between her friends and herself would be forgotten as she watched Ron succeed in the Keeper trials.

Beside the stadium stood two smaller wooden structures that were covered with cream tent material. She guessed these were the changing rooms, as George and Lee Jordan were standing outside of them having a chat when she got there. George stood out in his dark red waterproof robes. If possible, they made him look even taller. As she approached them, Lee, wearing a bright blue jersey, saw her and smiled.

"Alright, Jess?" he asked.

"Yeah!" she said in enthusiastically in response. It was the first time she had seen George in his Quidditch uniform, and it became quickly apparent to her that she was friends with the school jocks. He looked good in it. 

"Still on for it tonight?" Lee asked, distracting her from looking over the embroidery on George's robes. "Yeah...," she answered, "it's all covered."

After their meeting in the toilets, Pansy and Jessica had made good on their deal. Pansy would help her get ready, and Jessica would distract the Gryffindors until Pansy's Hufflepuff contact got her in. It was a small price to pay to keep on Pansy's good side, but by arriving separately Jessica couldn't be given the blame by anyone who was angered at her being there.

"Great stuff, I'm so proud that you're starting to get our sneaking skills," said George as he pulled the front strings of his robes so that it became snug around his chest. Jessica's heart sunk a little as she hadn't snuck around the Slytherins at all, and she knew he would be disappointed if she told him the truth. "So, ready to see what real Quidditch looks like?"

Jessica looked him up and down, examining in the large knee pads he was wearing. "Why, are Ravenclaw playing?"

Lee gasped and dramatically placed his hand on his chest as if hurt, "Oh no she did not just say that George."

"She did," George sighed as he picked up a bat from the equipment box a few feet away. He walked back over and pointed it towards Jessica like a sword, "but as she didn't say her own house I'm going to let this one slide...you're on thin ice Clarke, I know you want to play with us deep down."

Oh, how she had missed George. She hadn't been able to hang out with him much since being at Hogwarts, especially as he always seemed to be around his brother when she had seen him. The whole weekend was ahead of them though, and finally, she could be free to be with the people whose company she preferred.

"Getting chased by killer balls with that outfit to keep me protected? No thanks," she laughed and hit his bat away from her face.

"You're just jealous because you couldn't pull this off," George smirked, "And anyway who needs protection when you've got a bat?"

"It's the other team that needs protection with them two on there," Lee conversed, "believe me, wait until you see them play a match."

"Speaking of which, we better go and ensure we have a full team to play with," said George, "do you mind putting this in the changing room whilst we take the rest of the equipment up?"

He saw the worried expression on Jessica's face and reassured her no one was in there. Her only worry was looking like a weirdo walking into somewhere where someone could be changing.