9: Diaz Family Vacation.

Hi again! Back with another chapter! I'm on a 3 day streak of daily updating now! I don't know if i can keep that up though since my vacation is over very soon. 
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

-Author.

*You are in Star's room, listening to Star's dad telling very boring things about a very boring meeting.*

"Of course, very few are aware of the serious matter, so I'll be traveling afar to give an all-day lecture explaining the proper throne posture. Slouched shoulders are an epidemic among nobility these days. Blah-blah-blah, posture. Blah-blah-blah, back problems. Blah, blah, blah..." Star's dad rambles. You yawn.

*The pink hearts on Star's cheeks turn into hourglasses.*

"So this is what it's like to be bored to death." Star wispers to you.

"Mhm." You say/hum, and then you yawn again. 

*You slowly start dozing off, until...*

"Star! Are those dimensional scissors?" You hear Star's mom say. You quickly jolt up, grabbing a piece of paper for Star while she grabs the scissors.

"Uh... N-No, no, of course not! Just normal Earth scissors. See?" Star says, cutting a unicorn out of the paper, and Star accidentally opens a small dimensional portal behind her. A monster's hand reaches through the portal and tries to grab you.

"Good. Because you're not to leave Earth." Star's mom says.

"I would never think of it!" Star says, laughing nervously. You kick the monster arm back, and the portal closes.

*You accidentally move in view of Star's parents.*

"Ah, (Y/n). Good to see you again. Is Star doing alright?" Star's mom asks.

"Yeah Star's doing great actually, we've only had like 20 encounters with monsters yet." You say, muttering the last part. Thankfully Star's parents didn't hear the last bit.

"Glad to hear it. I'm sorry. I'm afraid we must cut you short. I have lecture things to do." Star's dad says, walking away.

"Oh, him and his lectures." Star's mom says, and walks away too.

"Okay, bye!" Star said.

"Whew, thanks for the save (Y/n)." Star says.

"No problem Star, I'm glad i could return the favor. You say. Then Marco enters the room.

"Star, (Y/n), we're about to celebrate my parents' anniversary. Come on." Marco says.

(Has anyone noticed that Marco always says Star's name before the Reader's name, but Star always says the Reader's name first?)

"Oh, no! I didn't get them anything!" Star says.

"Marco! Why didn't you tell us your parents were going to have their anniversary today?! I've been staying over for weeks now! I could've payed them back at least a little for allowing me to stay over for so long!" You say, slightly panicking.

"Don't worry about it. My gift can be from all of us." Marco says.

"But I wanna give them something just from me, 'cause your parents are actually cool." Star says.

""Cool"?" Marco says, staring blankly at Star.

"Yeah! Your parents don't leave you behind when going on vacation!" You chip in.

""Cool"..." Marco says, slowly closing the door.

*Marco's parents are sitting on the couch as Mrs. Diaz strokes Mr. Diaz's chest hair. You, Star, and Marco stare at them.*