Chapter 31

Dean POV:

I'm still sitting at the window, watching out at the sun that is rising in the sky. I wish to see its rise and set every day by holding Seth's hand in mine. Spending every insignificant moment with him will bring all the best things to my life. I can live without mercy if he's staying with me. I need nothing more than that.

I turn to my right when I feel a cold substance connect to my skin. It's nothing but a glass of water holding by my best friend Roman Reigns, the well-wisher of me. I sigh and grab a glass from him, feeling grateful for it.

"So you didn't sleep at night!" He says, crossing his arms over his chest. His anger flaws my skin through the short distance, and I'm sure there is a big lecture waiting for me now.

I ignore his words and lift the glass of sparkling water to my lips, taking a long sip from it. I certainly don't care about my lack of sleep. As long as my mind and heart wrap up by Seth, nothing is mattered to me other than him.

Roman is talking my ear off about something or another, but I end up spacing off. He glares at me for a few moments before shaking his head and leaving me alone. Without listening, I knew what he would ramble in this situation, but I didn't want to think any of it.

A fresh spring has come into my life and given me an irreplaceable smile that I don't want to go away. My heart speeds up at the thought of Seth; my smile grows wider each time at the prospect of our first meeting. What a strange moment it was!

I let out a sigh and pull out my phone, scrolling through the contacts and settling it on Paige. I tap the screen and dial the number before holding the phone up to my ear. I hear the ring at least five times before it is finally picked up.

"Hey, Dean." Her voice greets from the other end. "What's up?"

"Not too much," I answer, scratching the back of my neck. "I just want to talk to Seth." Instead of her voice, I hear a giggle in return, and I know she will tease me for this later. I feel a little embarrassed for having an intermediator between us, but I have no choice. If I want to talk to him, I need her help now.

My heart skips a beat when I feel the sudden change in the air. As I realize who is holding the phone now, I manage to slow down my breath a little more normal, so I can actually talk. "I-I feel like I'm missing something. Or someone. And that's you!"

"Why?" He asks quietly. He knows the reason even if we stay a few blocks away, but he wants to hear it from my mouth.

"I'm just sitting here at the window, looking out at the sunrise and dreaming to hold your hand," I respond, closing my eyes and enjoying thinking about it. "I think I might hang out this evening. I'm ringing to see if you want to come out with me?"

"Maybe." He laughs and hangs up the phone.

A smile settles on my lips and I nod before looking down at my hands and playing with the phone. He is different... entirely different. He is doing good to me and making me smile wholeheartedly.

Seth POV:

By the time Dean picks me up from the house, I feel a little nervous about everything because it's my first date. Even if Paige has comforted me and given me some hint about this, I still feel sick. I just hate to bottle up everything and keep my identity a secret rather than actually say it out loud.

A relationship must need trust because it only keeps their love intense. No one can break the bond if it's wrapped by a trust. Even if I know this well, I can't tell him anything because it's not only involved by me. It's involved by many lives.

The short ride to the destination is silent between us, with only the low volume of the radio playing in the background. I feel a little relaxed when he pulls the car up in a parking spot that is across the road from the restaurant.

As soon as he turns off the ignition, I jump out of the car and look out onto the beach. There are still a few people out there in the surf as the sun begins its descent. I inhale the delicious smell of the salty air from the beach that is literally across the road.

The smell of the ocean always has the power to soothe me than anyone in this world. There is nothing that makes me happier than going to the beach because I'm still not enough of it. I have to make sure that I will go there soon. My skin is crawling for the feel of the seawater all over me.

I turn back to where the restaurant is when I feel one of his hands sliding into mine. The subtle touch is causing bolts of electricity to pass through me. My hand wraps around him as we turn, heading toward the restaurant.

He clicks the button on his keys and locks the car before sliding them into his pocket. The warmth of his hand pulls the nervousness off my body and assures me that everything will be all right.

We cross the road quickly and make our way into the relatively new restaurant. We make our way to the table, which is right at the back with a beautiful view of the ocean just outside the windows.

My heartbeat rises as we sit across from each other and slide our fingers together, joining as one. We stare at each other and take in the other one's beauty. I inhale deeply and close my eyes as he strokes down one side of my face.

"How do you get so fucking damn pretty, huh?" He breathes into me. My entire body seems to be on fire as he keeps rubbing my cheek gently.

A smile instantly lighting up my face at his question, guessing it is rhetorical. I remain quiet and pick up the menu, scanning through it. I don't know what to order, so I just start to look around the other tables, hoping at least someone has my type.

I glance to my right and lock eyes with the man who holds my heart. "D-Dean.." I try to tell some excuses, but he taps the table and lets me notice that he has bought my favorite seaweeds again. As much as I like to eat, I don't know this dish's name yet.