Chapter 16

Dean POV:

I wake to the gentle rise and rest my chin on top of Seth's head. My arm is draped over his stomach and the blankets have been pushed to lie just across our waists. His scent fills in my lungs, and I exhale, smiling.

He stirs in his sleep and buries his head further into my neck. I crave into his touch and breath deeply, feeling home. He is my home, my everything. I want him to be in my arms forever.

"Do you want us to leave the room?" A low voice makes me jump and Seth's eyes shot open when my arm hits his side. He removes my arm from his waist and shuffles backward, trying to process everything.

I slowly peer over my shoulder to see Roman sit up with Paige, leaning on his elbow whilst smiling down at us with an eyebrow raised. I look around to grab a pillow and throw at him for breaking my moment with Seth.

He laughs and gets to his feet, crossing to the door. He pauses and glances over his shoulder at me, "Don't lay back and go to your dreamland. Get ready and we should go to the spa resort on time."

I nod and look at Paige when she yells before going to the kitchen, "Lemme grab some coffee and leave you guys alone for a while."

I turn my head to the side to look across at Seth. "I.. uh.." I scramble for words, avoiding his gaze. I run my hand through my untamed hair, flattening it momentarily only for it to spring back to place when I release it.

He gets on his feet and goes to his room, not wanting to face me. I don't know what's on his mind about me. I truly love him, but he doesn't understand me and my love. I want him to realize my love soon rather than later.

Seth POV:

I go to my room and close the door behind me, leaning against it. I'm not scared of Dean. I'm scared of his love, I'm scared of me falling for him. If I'm a human-like him, I will let him in my heart but I'm not what he thinks, I'm a merman who is longing to go home.

I like seeing his blue eyes shine when he laughs and the sound of his voice. He might be rough around the edges, but he is interesting. He is nice to people, to everyone, especially me. He holds my hand whenever I miss my family. I don't want him to drown into my sorrows, so it's good if I stay away from him.

I go to the bed and sit down on it with my elbows on my thighs and head in my hands. Thinking about Dean is driving me insane. My mind won't stop working, won't shut down, won't focus. This isn't like me. I'm usually calm, have a clear mind, don't get bothered by much.

I sigh and go to the closet, grabbing clothes from it. At least take a shower will remain to calm me. I go to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror before pulling the shirt over my head.

I hold the shirt to my nose and breathe the scent in it. It smells like Dean. I smile and hold it against my chest until I realize what I'm doing. I throw the shirt away and strip my remaining clothes, moving under the strong spray of the shower.

I move my mind from Dean to my family and lose in thought, relaxing under the cold water. I still like to use cold water even if I'm cursed into a human because the seawater is always cool and pleasant.

I grab the soap and rub it over my body mindlessly. When I rub the soap on my leg, I remember the touch of Dean on my legs last night. I shiver as I still feel the touch of him, so I put the soap back on its tray and take a shower quickly.

After I take a shower, I dress in black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt. I look at myself in the mirror and tug my strand of hair frustratedly, missing my blonde patch. Yeah... I have a blonde patch on my hair on one side when I was a merman, but I lost it when I cursed into a human.

I lost many things when I changed into a human and that blonde patch always showed me unique among others. I huff and dry my hair with a towel until I hear Paige and Roman's voice on the other side of the room.

I throw the towel on the bed and walk over to open the door, wanting to see Dean. I stand on the doorway as I watch Paige waves a hand at Roman on the outside of the main door.

"Paige, are your friends left?" I ask, feeling a little frustrated.

"Yeah.. my boyfriend has left and waited for someone in the car. But your boyfriend doesn't want to leave without saying goodbye to you!" She says and grabs Dean by pulling the collar of his shirt and show him to me.

He smiles and waves a hand at me as he steps into the doorway, "Bye."

Without realizing, I lift my hand up slightly and wave a hand at him with a small smile on my face. I lose myself in his eyes when it shines brightly with some unknowing hope in his eyes. I watch him as he talks to Paige and turns to look at me once again before leaving the house.