Chapter 1

Seth POV:

The sunrise is always beautiful, no matter how many times, and years, I have been looking at it. I float on the surface of the water and watch the sky which is colorful in this early morning.

My breath catches in my throat as I dip into the water when I feel something pulling me down. I glare at them when I realize my friends Sasha and Alexa did that.

I open my mouth to shout at them but stop when I notice why they did. I move into them as the ship moves above us. Once the ship crosses us, I again float to the surface, but not alone this time, with my friends.

"Do we go to their world? Then why do these humans come to our world and disturb us?" This is what Alexa always says and continues with, "They are very greedy who are desired wealth and power more than necessary."

"Yeah, you're right. But now we have no time to discuss this because we need to go to our home before everyone starts to search for Prince Seth. It's already getting late." Sasha says and grabs Alexa's hand before approaching me.

"Nah, I want to spend some more time with this beautiful sun, and sky,.." I enjoy the temperature and move around but she grabs my hand, "Beautiful? You know where there is beauty, the risk is greater. If humans notice any one of us, our world slip into danger."

I know whatever she said, they are true. It is my duty to do what is best for our world so I nod at her then we start to swim toward our home.

After a few moments of straight swimming, we change our course suddenly and move down into what looks like a never-ending trench. For a moment, darkness envelopes, and nothing can be seen.

Most people would have turned back but we know something that humans did not. After a few minutes, a small light can be seen halfway down the trench. As we swim further down, the light grows and grows until multiple lights can be seen.

On closer inspection, a great place takes shape at the very bottom. Marble buildings, almost castle-looking, are scattered across the sandy floor. A strange glow seems to emit from the place, giving off the impression that it has an almost unreal power to it.

I smile at the familiar place and then look at my friends. I gasp when I notice Alexa is not here with us. "Sasha, where is Alexa?" I look around to find her with Sasha.

I sigh and feel a little relaxed when I notice a long tail with bright pink scales behind a rock. I know it is her. I signal Sasha and then we go to her. She is busy collecting the shells without noticing us.

Sasha grabs Alexa's hand suddenly from behind which makes her drop all the collected shells on the floor. "What the hell you did Sasha? Everything which I collected fell on the floor." Alexa frowns and moves down to pick up the shells.

I grab her other hand, "We will collect these shells the other day. Now we need to move on from here."

She nods and then we pick up our speed and swim through the stone arch which acts as an entrance to our place. The smile on my face grows as I open the door. My friends pat my back and nod at me before they are going to their home.

"I'm home!" I greet my voice light and cheerful.

"Thank God, you reached here safe!" A voice replies back, making me swim deeper into the house. The building may have looked small on the outside, but on the inside, it shows to be very large.

Numerous halls lead to different rooms, all having a specific theme to them. One of them is a place to store interesting things which humans drop and never bother to get back.

That is not my destination, however. I swim down a different hallway into a room with a large rock in the middle, surrounded by other smaller rocks. "Hey mom," I smile and go to hug her.

She returns the hug and kisses me on the cheek, "Again you went to see the sunrise, huh?"

"Yeah, mom. But sorry for making you worried for me again." I give her a guilty smile.

She gives me a soft smile and pats my cheek. I know she tries not to show her worry in front of me because she doesn't want me to feel disappointed.

I give her an equally worried face like her. She cups my cheek, "What baby? Why are you worried?"

I pat my stomach and then look at her, "Ahh, I'm starving."

She raises her eyebrow at me as she crosses her arms knowingly. I laugh and give her a tight hug then we make our way to the flat rock which we use as a dining table.