Chapter 52

Seth POV:

I'm feeling sick, so I decide to stay in bed all day. My heart is in my throat, and I have to fight the urge to throw up. Luckily for me, I got a day off at work, so it would give me time to rest a bit, but my mind kept running, and I couldn't find sleep.

Dean wanted to join me, but I refused and forced him to go to work because I needed to be left alone. Everything must have an end, so our love isn't anything different from theirs. It also has an end! The end of our love story is I should stay at the ocean while he is here.

Just thinking about it makes me easily sick. It is too hard on me. I want to cherish my moments with him, forever, but the sin that I have accidentally made chases me to the end of the world. I have destroyed someone's love, so my love is hanging on the thread now.

I try to calm my nerves and think about any choices that can help me in this. My thoughts are interrupted when Paige surprises me by entering my room and giving me a look. I thought a good sleep would make it easier, but it didn't happen anytime sooner.

"Come here, big boy." She says as she lies down next to me. She wraps her arms around me and presses her chest into my back to cuddle me. "I won't ask how you're doing because I know you feel bad about something."

The sadness on my face is distinct, and she hates to see me like this. "You are right.." I say with a broken voice as I tangle my fingers with hers.

"Do you want to share it with me?" She asks, trying to comfort me. She will take care of him and try to fill my spot with someone in his life if I give my reasons.

Anyway, I have to leave them so it won't be a problem to tell her about my little secret. "I'm a merman!" I mumble, holding her hand tightly in fear.

She giggles and turns me to face her, "Is it true?!" Her screaming echoes the room when I remain silent. She throws her hands in the air and expresses her happiness by hugging me tightly, "My best friend is a merman!!"

I didn't think they would take it easy, so it surprised me. Anyway, I have to get into the primary part without distracting by anything. I grab Paige's hand and squeeze it gently, "You should keep the happiness in Dean's life like before.."

"What?" She asks, bewildered, not getting what I'm talking about.

"Like I've never existed in his life!" I close my eyes and let a single tear drop down on my cheek. I swear these tears are streaming down with pain because he's not an ordinary man in my life.

He is the one who has stolen this merman's heart, and there is no doubt in it. And I knew it since the moment I laid eyes on him. He is my other half and soulmate, but I'm about to lose him forever. I wish I have to talk to him about this, but I just can't.

I know he cares about me a lot, but it doesn't change the fact that I belong to the ocean yet. I have to go back to my world and do my responsibility as a merman. If I didn't do my job, I can't even imagine the state of the ocean.

When she notices that I'm crying, she squeezes me a little harder to remind me that I'm not alone. "I don't know why you're talking like this. But whatever it is, I'm sure you will be with us at the end." She reassures me and wipes my tears away.

I'm grateful to have her in my life. I try to believe her words, but I can't. I stay in her arms for a while until the door gets opened and reveals him. I swallow hard and let her go before turning my attention to him.

Dean POV:

I enter the room with open arms once I see Seth is in moral condition with Paige. I wrap my arms around him and press a small kiss on his temple. "How are you feeling now?" I ask, stroking his hair gently.

"Better." He says quietly, staring at the door.

"Sometimes the human body does weird things, and they're creepy too sometimes. I'm just glad you're feeling better." I hold him tighter against me, but he pulls my hand free from him. For the first time since we have been together, I notice just how strong he certainly is.

He stares at me for a few moments before putting his arms around my shoulders to press me to his chest and kiss my head softly. "Just remember my heart will echo your name always, even if I have to stay away from you."

I can guess something, but I hope it won't be. I put my arms around Seth's waist and hide my face in his chest to take a deep breath. The scent from him always smells good, like something between fresh clothes and a wind breeze from the ocean.

We stay quiet for a little while, and I hold him tighter, letting him remember that I'm with him always. I lay him down on the bed and kiss him everywhere that I can reach for what feels like a lifetime.

I press my lips to his one cheek and then the other, almost reverently. "It's not certainly the last time," I promise him and kiss a trail down the center of his chest, breathing softly right over his heart. "I'll always be right here with you."

It does a lot easier for him to come back to the actual world with his thoughts. As good as the moment sense, though, I can feel something in him warm and glowing ignite inside him at my touch.

"You know I love you, so I'll never let you leave me alone.." I whisper into his chest. For a moment, I'm not even sure that he has heard me, but he confirms it by pulling me down on the bed so we can lie on our backs.

I roll to the side and put my head on his chest, feeling so much smaller than I utterly am as I keep holding on to his body. I rise back up to claim his mouth and whisper, "Love you, forever."

He closes his eyes and lets the words sink into him, making a home for ourselves, in his skin, in his bones, in his blood. Even if any part of his body tries to forget it, I keep repeating the words and giving him no room to think about leaving me.