Chapter 22

Seth POV:

I ask Dean sorry for not only hurting him and also came into his life. I came here by a curse, but I don't want to be a curse of his life. I'm confused about what to do because I lose myself in his love.

I pull away from him and try to get on my feet to go to my room but I can't so I fall on him. I whine as I hold my leg and grab the material of the couch to sit on it. I don't know how many days I need to suffer with these legs anymore.

"If you want anything, just tell me, I'll help you." He says and stands up from the floor. He cares for me so much, but I don't want to fall for him further.

"I-I just tried to bring a towel from my room for you because you're wet from the rain and you need to go back to your work." I stutter and look away, not wanting to maintain eye contact with him.

He smiles and goes to my room without saying anything. He returns to me with a towel and oil in his hands. He throws the towel on the couch and kneels down on the floor beside me.

He grabs my leg and checks the sprain to massage it, but I stop him and murmur, "No thanks. You can dry your hair before catching a cold."

"Nah, I'll take care of you first." He coats his hands with oil and starts to rub my leg. I stare at him as he carefully rubs my leg, making sure I don't feel the pain. "Ouch.." I whine and swat his hand away when he hits the right spot.

"Sorry," He throws his hands in the air and tries to comfort me. He grabs my hand slowly and squeeze it gently as he approaches me, "Didn't your mom let you walk when you were a kid?"

I shake my head and look down, embarrassed, not having the guts to tell him that I had no legs when I was born. But my fins and tails are not bad when compare to these legs, they were good in my body and kept me swim fast. I sigh and look at him as he finishes massage my legs.

I put my legs on the floor and give the towel to him, drying himself off. Instead of grabbing the towel from me, he leans closer to me and elbows his hands on my lap. I understand what he wants so I move my hands to his hair and dry it with the towel.

Once I'm done drying his hair, I put the towel on the couch and see him staring at me. Before I realize, he is right in my space and crowds his body against mine, putting his arms around me in a tight but gentle embrace.

It is easy to get lost at this moment and it's hard to even tell where it begins and ends. I tuck my face closer to his neck, taking in his earthy scent as his hands are warm and solid on the small of my back. I let him hold me for a few minutes because it's the least I can do for him.

At night...

Time goes slowly as I walk on the shore of the beach. I glance around every five minutes and make sure no one is following me. I need to protect myself in this human world when I go to meet my friends because Dean can't always help me and stay with me.

I pull the jacket tightly and cover my body when the cool air hits me. I used to live in this cool temperature since I was born but now my body doesn't adjust with this temperature sometimes and I hate it.

I get scared and run over to the rocks quickly without getting caught by the strangers who are wandering on the beach with the bottles in their hands. I take a deep breath and eye the strangers from behind the rock to know whether they are coming here.

I jump when I hear a sudden noise and calm myself as I realize the voice, "Mom." I turn to look at my mom and give her a long hug. It's been a long few painful days that I see her in this ocean again.

I pull away from her and look at my friends, embracing in each other's arms for a few minutes until they are ready to spill out what they want to talk to me. I sit on the sand and lean against the rock, hiding in it before having a conversation with them.

"Did you find a way to cure the curse?" I ask excitedly and hope they will give me the answer that I want to hear from them.

"Yeah.. but it's very difficult to do and there is no other way than doing this," Sasha says and sits beside me, leaning her head on my shoulder.

I grab her hand and squeeze it gently, "Whatever it is, just tell me. I'll do this."

I turn to look at my mom when she places her hand on my shoulder and sighs, "You should sacrifice your soul in the middle of the sea on the day of the full moon."

I swallow hard and look at her confused, "What?! How can I alive if I sacrifice my soul?" I can't understand the rationale in this. I want to be merman again, but I'm sure if I do this, I will die.

"Just wait, look at this." She pats my shoulder before spit on her hand. The saliva forms a ball of energy and shows me something, but I can't see it because I'm not a merman now. I give a frustrated look at her and she covers my eyes with her hand and spills magic on me.

When she removes her hand from my eyes, I feel familiar heat in me so I nod at her and look at the ball of energy. Now I can see the images clearly and it shows the world of the ocean.

My parents and friends swim the water helplessly as they try to find a way to cure the curse of me. "We still didn't get any way to get our Seth back. What can we do? I want my son.." My mom cries and leans her head on my dad's shoulder, getting comfort from him.

"Why don't we go and ask help from the one who cursed our Seth?" Sasha asks with hope in her eyes but no one feels that's an excellent idea until my dad thinks about it and convinces others to try this.

They go to the place where my life was changed and look around to find a blonde-haired woman who cursed me, but they get nothing except a coral statue that looks a lot like her. My dad places his hand on the statue when he has a doubt in it. He gets his hand away quickly and looks at the statue unbelievably, "She sacrificed her soul on the day of the full moon and laid here as a coral statue!"

"That means we can't get our son back!" My mom demands and holds her head frustratedly until the coral glistens brightly. They move and notice what makes it glistens. It's all happens by the emerald in Alexa's dress.

Alexa culls the emerald and places it on the statue. It disappears and asks their wish. When they tell about my curse, it reflects the cure. "When my soul is about to leave, the moonlight will reflect in my body and change me as a merman again!"

 "When my soul is about to leave, the moonlight will reflect in my body and change me as a merman again!"

The ball of energy disappears in my hand and gives me hope. I look at the half-moon in the sky and think about the images. It's really good news for me. I can't wait for the full moon from now on.

I can understand the difficulties of what they mean, but I don't care. It's hard to breathe in the ocean like before, but I have no other way than doing this. I belong to the ocean so it won't take my life before the moonlight falls on me. I have faith in the ocean so it won't ruin my moment that day.

I'm gonna be a merman again!