Chapter 28

Seth POV:

During the drive to Paige's house, I feel nervous and try to get ready for the conversation with her. I won't stop her if she shows her anger to me because she has the right to do it. She is just like Sasha and Alexa to me so she can mad at me for my mistake and I will take it.

I nod at Dean and give him a reassuring smile when he grabs my hand and tries to comfort me. I watch him get out of the car and open the door for me to step outside. I sigh and glance at her house before striding inside.

I swallow hard as I see her sitting on the couch with her head down and I know it's all my fault. I grab his hand for comfort when she lifts her head to look at me. I need to be strong enough to do this because I can't run away anymore.

"What are you doing here?" She asks finally, eyes narrow in confusion, almost bordering on concern.

I don't know what to say so I just raise my eyes from the floor up to her, meeting her head-on, gaze clear and steady. Somehow it feels like the first time I've to understand each of the human characters.

She walks over to me and glares at me for a few minutes before slapping my face hard. She does this for the care, not for the anger in me. She took the right on me just like Sasha because I had enough slap from her for my craziness.

I hold his hand tight when he urges forward to shove her away, but I shake my head at him. I break in tears when she pulls me into a hug and reflects her affection in me. "Sorry," I mumble and cling onto her, giving a glance at him.

His eyes go a bit wider and his bottom lip falls open slightly, trying to get into the situation. On the other hand, Roman stands there casually with his hands shoved in his pockets. The look on his face tells everything that he knows well about her.

I can feel the pain of my cheek still, but it doesn't matter because I don't wander around anymore with culpable. I can live like nothing anymore because I get tired of the curse which is changed my life.

The curse could take my family away from me, but it also gave me a new family. I have lost my family a long time ago, but I need to keep this family at least. I don't have the strength to lose someone in my life anymore.

She pulls away from me and sues me, "I won't ask sorry for slapping you because you deserve it. You broke my trust in you and you taught me a lesson, not to let the trespassers inside my house."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to break your trust. I got an emergency from my house so I just left." I lie to her because it will calm her. I can see the confused look on Dean's face, but luckily he keeps his mouth shut and adjusts with the situation.

"Seriously? What happened?" She asks in a concerned tone. She drags me to the couch and tries to know what has happened. She knows nothing about me, but she imagines something on her own about me.

"Nothing. It's just a minor accident that I don't want to talk about." I convince her because I don't know what to say anymore. I will catch by them if I run my mouth too much to spill something nonsense.

Dean POV:

While Paige and Seth preparing lunch in the kitchen, I think about him and his words that he has told earlier. I don't know about his parents yet because he doesn't have the mind to share about them with me. There is something about him and his parents that he has to hide, and I need to find out about it.

I glance at Roman when he places his hand on my thigh as he sits next to me on the couch. I know what he will do now. He wants me to be happy so he will try to give a piece of his mind, getting me in the right direction.

"I know what's going on your mind, dude. Just drag him into a room and try to reveal your feelings until he understands you." He says and soothes my back. He loses his mind with affection in me because if I do this, he will never come to my side again.

"I don't want to drag him somewhere that he's not comfortable into. I'll lose him forever if I take your advice." I laugh and turn to look at Seth when he comes out of the kitchen with a bowl in his hand.

He gives me a small smile and mouths, "Thank you." He means it and I know it by the lit in his face. He places the bowl on the dining table and returns to the kitchen.

"He loves you, dude. But something is not let him open up everything to you." I turn my gaze at Roman when I hear his words. He is right. If Seth is comfortable enough to tell all his secrets to me, I will be happy.

I nod at him slowly and mumble helplessly, "I know. And I wait for him to spill his secrets to me. I can force him, but I don't want that. I hope he will let me know about him everything when he has trust in me."

"I think your marriage will happen in heaven or something." He teases at my situation. There is a correction in his sentence and that is, our marriage has engaged in heaven already, but it takes some time that we both have to accept it.