Chapter 3

Seth POV:

The area around the coral reef is calm. Brightly colored fishes swim calmly, moving their tails back and forth in rhythmic patterns. They all seem to swim around mindlessly like us.

We reach the surface of the water and swim around happily as we sing a song. I pat Alexa on the shoulder and show her a rock that is slightly away from the shore. She smiles and we both start to move, but Sasha grabs our hand.

We look at her confusedly, then she points to the humans who are playing on the seaside with us. I didn't notice that initially and nod at her, but Alexa whines. "They are happily playing on our land, but we have no rights at least to sit on the rock to enjoy the sea breeze!"

She looks disappointed, so I place my hand on Sasha and look at her in the eyes, "Don't worry, we just sit on the other side of the rock without anyone noticing us and enjoy this breeze."

Sasha nods unwillingly and we swim over to the rock and sit on it. We talk about tonight's event and tease each other until Alexa flinches and gets up, rubbing a tender spot on her head.

"Oowww.." She whines, accidentally touching a bump that has mysteriously appeared on her head.

"What the hell hit me?" She yells and looks around. We also look around to find what hit her. Finally, I find what hit her and interrupted our moment. The kids are playing on the seashore, throwing stones at the sea.

"I told you already it is not safe for us but you didn't listen to any of it, so now you suffer!" Sasha crosses her arms and lies on the rock.

Alexa glares at her and looks at me. I shrug and lay beside Sasha on the rock. We lay there and look at the sky until we feel the raindrop. Alexa smiles as the people run here and there to escape from the rain.

"Poor people! Now no one is here to disturb us." She sighs and looks over at us. She gets up from the rock and stands in the sea with a smirk on her face.

I know why she is standing in front of us like this. "You want to play in this rain, right?" I ask her with a smirk on my face and jump into the sea.

She nods and we play like usual without thinking about others and live in our own world. We cling to one another when we feel something is wrong. We look around and notice the long waves hitting the rocks with strong winds.

We need to move before the storm attacks us. We swim into the sea and make our way to our home but the strong waves separate us. I hold the rock as much as I can when the water pulls me into something.

I lose my grip but thankfully stuck between the rocks and pass out. I wake up a few hours later when I feel something tickling my side. I smile as I see the colorful fish all over me.

I panic and try to move on my own from the rock when I remember what happened before I passed out. I need to find my friends and I can't go home without them. Finally, I get myself from the rock and swim around to find them.

I feel tired and try to move forward because I didn't find them yet. Now I can tell it is evening because of the water temperature.

I know I can't find them in this large ocean even if they are beside me so I have decided to sing as I swim around and they will come in my direction if they hear my voice. I start to sing our favorite song as I swim around to find them.

Confusion washes over me when I see a figure that looks dark from my view as I scan the surroundings in the deep part of the water. I slowly drift over the figure as I call Sasha and Alexa to know whether it is them.

Getting closer to it, I identify a few things. Arms, a head, a body leg... Oh no. No no... Human. It is a human. I place my hand on his chest to check if there is any heartbeat but there is nothing. He has died.

I put the lifeless body down and swim around as I sing to find my friends. On my way, I notice a ship that is sunk into the deep water and lifeless bodies of humans and their things.

I hold my breath as I swim around because I didn't see this many lifeless bodies of humans before. I discover a place that is like a cave and goes inside it.

The place looks something different and I find an alcove a little further in that hides a plethora of precious jewels. I turn around when I hear a splash in the water and find a figure shrouded in shadows.

I go near it and see a woman's statue laying on one of the rocks. I look over it and see a glowing emerald heart on its chest region. I trace my fingers on the glowing emerald and pluck it from there.

"Becky.." I turn around when I hear a voice and find a woman with blonde hair, looking over at me with a shocked expression. I don't know what I did wrong. I turn around and get shocked when the statue destroys and the emerald in my hand turns to black color.

I look at the blonde-haired woman when she kneels in front of the shattered pieces of the statue. I put the emerald heart down and feel sorry for her. I gasp and move backward when the blonde-haired woman's eyes turn a golden color as she glares at me.

"You took my love from me... You ruined the moment that I waited for this long... If you didn't do that mistake, now we would enjoy our moment. You spoiled everything! Just as I suffer the loss of the one I have now, you must also suffer the loss of your own. I curse you to live in this world as a human and suffer like them!" She throws her hand in the air and spills something into me which makes me pass out.