Chapter 56

Dean POV:

When I wake up, my entire body is aching. I manage to pull myself into a sitting position in the sand. I remember what has happened vividly until my body hits the water, but I have vague recollections of kissing my attractive angel again. None of it certainly explains how I have gotten here...

I stand up and look out at the ocean, hoping it will explain something, but it doesn't. Other than Seth, no one could help me reached the land. I look around in search of him, but he doesn't get into my eyes. Where is he?

I give a questioning look to the ocean until the waves hit on my face. I spit in the water and wipe my face, noticing some pearls that are scattering here and there. I lean down to pick up some pearls and watch it curiously. I drop the pearls down and glare at the ocean because it's all nothing when compared to him.

The ocean should help me into this because I trusted with my whole heart, even if it took everything away from me. My love is limitless, and I have proved it many times. Now it's time for the ocean to show that it is inexhaustible. Not by the size; by heart and soul!

The sun beats down on me, so I elect to head inland to see if I manage to wash up anything. Even I could recognize this place; I wouldn't go to my buddies' house because I should be here for my angel. I won't worry about anything because I know I'm not alone. Before the end of the day, I'm sure he will be here knowing that I'm waiting for him.

I discover an empty house by a rickety dock nearby. It is probably an abandoned fishing spot. I look out over the clear water, and there isn't a creature in sight. I set my boots and most of my clothes out to dry, taking a seat on the dock in just my pants.

There are a splash and a flick of water behind me. I snap my head around to catch a glimpse of a beautifully colored fin. A rather large fin! The next thing I know, two hands are gripping the edge of the dock, and the man I'm waiting for pops his head over the rim to rest on his arms.

I scramble to get a closer look to touch him. His hair is two-toned now, half blond and half brown. And the most notable change is the fact that he has a fishtail. It's the first time I'm seeing him as a merman.

"Hi," He says, pulling me out of my thoughts. His presence certainly calms my nerves and confirms the new journey that is waiting for us.

I hoist him out of the water and lay him back on the dock. I drape my body over him and grin, "I know this ocean won't take you away from me.."

He smiles and surges forward for a heated kiss, "I love you."

After that, I stare out over the ocean with my legs drape over the edge of the dock. The sea also proved that it is limitless, so I thanked for everything. The ocean confirms it will never betray anyone if we trust with our whole heart.

I smile at him as he is settling between my legs and wrapping his arms around my thighs to keep him hoist halfway out of the water. He gives a cheerful hum when I run one of my hands in his dark, drying locks.

We watch as the sun sinks past the horizon, splashing the sky and ocean with pinks, oranges, and yellows. We don't know why we are sitting here, but we don't have the heart to move either until Roman and Paige get into our sight and wave a hand at us.

They run toward us and wrap their arms around us, reflecting their happiness. They look at Seth in awe and admire his fishtail that is stretching in the water. "Seth, you're changed into a merman again. Oh, shit! It means you can't come with us to home, right?!" Paige asks, bringing thought into my mind. Neither of us didn't discuss this.

"Why not?!" He laughs and splashes water at us before nodding at me.

My breath hitches when the soft hair wraps around my fingers shimmering, and turning into entirely dark now, with no blonde patch. I shift further back on the dock and help him hoist himself up on the planks.

His scales recede, and his tail splits, forming solid, bare legs. He flicks his feet out with a laugh, sending droplets of water back out to the gentle waves. He turns into my arms and surges forward to kiss me, "Surprise!"

When we pull away from each other, I notice the ring is missing from his finger. I grab his hand and glance at it with worry in my heart before letting out a long sigh. I thought it would resemble our love forever!

As he understands my mind, he places his hand on my cheek and laughs softly. "Don't worry about it. My life which was ruined by one gemstone, renewed by another! As much as it's in my Goddess crown, nothing can separate us apart." He then holds his hand out toward the ocean and grabs my hand to place it on his wrist, mumbling something under his breath.

When I pull my hand away, the word 'forever' has etched in his left wrist. "Now it's enough to show that our love is limitless, forever!" His voice trails off proudly.

"I love you." I smile and reach up to brush the hair out of his pretty face. We are staying here enough of our time, so I think it's time to move and celebrate our lovely moment. "Can we go to our home now?"

"Of course," He smiles and looks out the ocean once again before picking up some of the pearls. "I think our house needs some more decorations!"

I roll my eyes and help him stand up from the place. I laugh a little and hold him against me tightly when his legs are shaking. I turn to look at my friends as they pat my shoulder and walk forward us.

"Don't laugh! I've never imagined walking in the sand again after changing into a merman." He gets more flustered with every word. "Shall we stroll hand in hand on the beach again?" His sentence fades off into a slight groan.

"Calm down, fish bait. Do you think you need to ask me this?" I ask, squeezing his shoulders and moving to walk up the dock once I'm positive that he can stand on his own feet. "I love to do anything with you. Just wait, I'll grab my jacket, and we'll head down to the shoreline."

"Are you cold?" He follows gradually, striding slowly, gaining confidence as he becomes accustomed to the newly reformed appendages.

I shoot a curious look over my shoulder before grabbing my jacket from inside. "I'm fine, but you're wet." I wrap my coat around him and press a kiss to his temple.

He blushes and looks down, focusing on getting his arms properly through the sleeves. He buttons the jacket in the middle to provide an illusion of modesty. "Thank you."

"Hey," I cup his face and rub my thumbs over his cheeks. "You're my love, so you no need to thank me. I'll take care of you while you're on dry land because your parents are letting you wander here with the faith in me."

His hand settles on the back of my neck and tugs me into a fierce kiss. He pulls away with a smirk before jogging off toward the beach. With that, I laugh and follow behind him to begin our new journey.

 With that, I laugh and follow behind him to begin our new journey

The End.

Thank you to all the readers who are stuck with this story from the beginning to the end. Without you guys, this book never comes to life, so thank you very much.

And thank you for all the encouragement, comments, and votes you have given to this book.

I hope you love this story and enjoy it as much as I did. Once again, thank you guys for making me give a successful ending to this story.

Thank you!