Chapter 9

Seth POV:

We reach the house on time as Paige promised me before we going out. I am very thankful for her letting me stay at her house. She is really a sweet girl but I didn't tell her that I'm a merman, because she is also a human.

After saying good night to her, I get into the room and close the door behind me. I open the window and look over the darkened sky before jumping down the ground. My leg twists and it makes me fall on the ground face down.

"Ughh.." I whine in pain and lean against the wall to take care of my leg. I just learned how to walk but jumping down from the window is really difficult. My leg hurts but I have no time to take care of it so I try to stand on my feet.

I walk to the sea with a noticeable limb but I don't care. I start to sing our favorite song as I walk over to the rocks but there is no sign for my friends. I don't want to lose hope so I continue the song until my throat hurts.

I want to go to Paige's house before she wakes up and finds that I'm not there. I sit on the rock and look over the edge of the sea where the sun will start to rise. As the memories that I spent with my family come to my mind, tears start to form on my eyes.

I sigh and continue the song with a broken voice as I remember the last moment that I spent with my people. I jump off the rock and start to walk on the shore but stop when I hear voices that continue the song where I stopped.

A smile forms on my face as I hear their voices, knowing who they are. "Sasha, Alexa.." I turn around and walk to the sea to give them a hug. I am really happy because there is nothing bad happened to them as mine.

We give a long hug and jump up and down to see each other again. "Where did you go? We really missed you. Your parents worrying about you and searching for you everywhere." Sasha says without knowing what happened.

Before I tell them what happened, Alexa notices the change in my body. She pushes me slightly to see the pair of thighs on my body which is covered by the water. "Wait, what happened to your tail?"

Sasha then notices me and gets shocked, "Hey, are you Seth or someone who just liked him?"

"Nah, I'm Seth. Don't doubt me because of these legs. I'll tell you what happened." I say with tears in my eyes but they still look at me with doubt. "After we were separated by the storm, I searched you everywhere and led my way into trouble. I misunderstood the heart of some witch's soulmate as an emerald and took it out of her body when she was in sculpture so the witch cursed me as a human to make my life hell!" I explain everything that happened and break out into a painful cry which I suffer.

They hug me and hold me in their arms, making me feel comfortable. "Don't worry, Seth. Just come with us, we'll find a solution in our world by telling this." Sasha says and pulls me into the sea.

I can't breathe in the sea so I start to squirm and pull my hands from them to cover my mouth. They understand that I'm in trouble to get breath so they quickly pull me to the shore and float on the surface of the sea.

I cough several times until the water gets out of my throat and look at their concerned face. "I-I tried it but I couldn't breath in the sea like before." I cough again and lay on the shore feeling tired.

"I think it's all because of the curse. Don't worry, Seth. We'll find a solution soon and get you back to our world." Sasha says and it makes me feel good. It gives new hope that I'll go home soon.

We spend our time together and talk about everything that happened after we separate each other. I am worried about my parents as they tell me about them. I want to see them and ask 'sorry' to them for leaving them.

A few hours later, Alexa pats my shoulder and says that the sun will rise soon. I can't sense the surroundings like before since I'm a human. I nod and give them a long hug before leaving the shore.

I don't have the heart to leave them but it's good for every one of us. We can't see each other in front of humans because it will lead them and our world to get into trouble.

I walk to Paige's house without getting into anyone's eyes and stand in front of it, not knowing how to get in the house through the window. I jumped down easily but I don't know how to jump up high to the window level.

I look around the surroundings and notice the ladder which is leaning against the wall of the garage. I get in the room with the help of it and push it aside before anyone notices.

I get in the bathroom to take a shower and dress in comfortable clothes for the bed to sleep. After a long wonderful night, I'm going to get a peaceful sleep with a satisfied smile.

Paige POV:

My eyes widen when I hear the shrill sound of the alarm going off. I groan and roll out of the bed, smacking the alarm on the top while I quickly pull on the first set of clothes that I can find.

I go to the bathroom to take a hot shower and get dressed. I get out of the room and go to the kitchen to make breakfast for us. While preparing breakfast, I get a text from Roman and it says, "Good Morning."

I reply to the text with an emoji and wish good luck for his day. I take the breakfast to the dining table before going to Seth's room to wake him up. "Seth, wake up!" I knock the door a few minutes but he doesn't open the door or reply to anything.

I need to go to the tattoo shop on time for my work but he doesn't respond as I knock the door. Is he there inside or got out of my house after I went to sleep?

I look through the keyhole to make sure that he is there. Maybe he wouldn't get a peaceful sleep for the past few days so he takes his time. I have no time to think about it, so I take a note to let him know that I made breakfast for him.

I place the note on the dining table and get my wallet and keys from the coffee table before getting out of the house. I notice the ladder on the floor as I get into the car. I remember it leaned against the garage wall last night but how it fell across Seth's window?

I take the ladder and place it against the garage wall before getting in the car. I start the engine and drive to the tattoo shop to do my job.