Chapter 10

Dean POV:

As Roman driving the car towards Paige's house, I feel excited and hope Seth will accept our offer to come out with us. I want to talk to him and know every detail about him.

I come out of my thoughts when I feel a hand on my shoulder and nod at Paige as she gets out of the car. I look out the window to see her walking up the stairs and knocks the heavy wooden door.

A few minutes later, Seth opens the door with a confused look in his face. He looks like he just woke up from sleep. I rake my eyes slowly over his body as he argues with Paige.

I didn't hear their conversation because my eyes glued to him. When Roman notices that I am gawking, he clears his throat and pats my shoulder, "I think it's difficult to convince him."

"But I believe Paige, she will convince him somehow," I say and run a hand through my hair. I look at Seth as he looks over the car, and wave a hand at him. He rolls his eyes and continues to argue with her.

A smile crosses my face when Paige shows a thumbs up after convinced him. He goes inside and returns with a light grey short-sleeved t-shirt and black skinny leg jeans. Nothing, with his hair in a low bun.

Right now, he turns towards the car and rolls his eyes again as he sees me. And damn if that isn't the sexiest sight I have ever seen. As they make their way to us, I feel my heart beats fast against my chest.

Before they get in the car, Roman stops them and turns to look at me, "Dean, why don't you and Seth take Paige's car to come there? I mean I planned to take Paige a long night drive after our dinner so you drop him here in Paige's car."

I like the idea and I am sure Seth doesn't like it. I'm right! He starts to argue with Paige but she doesn't listen to his words and gives the car key to me. I take him to my car and start it with joy. Tonight might actually be fun.

As we follow Roman's car, neither of us really speaks. I am tired of the silence so I turn on the radio. All of a sudden, a scream resonates throughout the car. I turn it down immediately, rubbing my abused ear and hear a soft chuckle from him.

He looks very cute when he smiles, so I try to earn another chuckle from his sweet mouth. "I like this song but I didn't think it would abuse my ear." I shake my head and hear another chuckle falls from those full lips.

"Did your parents pass away?" I start to talk to him and want to know why he tries to commit suicide. I can see the hurt in his eyes so I try to comfort him, "Hey, sorry for asking such a sensitive question. By the look in your face, I can tell your parents are passed away like mine."

"No..no, my parents are alive!" He says quickly and gets relaxed a little bit.

I sigh and drive the car towards the destination. I pull the car into a parking lot and get out of it. I wait for him to come out and join us before heading to the restaurant.

Seth POV:

When the waitress comes to us, everyone looks over the menu and takes their orders. I look at them as they order and think about what I have to order. I look over the menu, not understanding the letters that write in it.

When Dean pats my shoulder to know what I want to eat, I trail my finger over the menu and point at something which I don't know. He orders the food to the waitress for me so I give him a soft smile.

"So Seth, how much you like Hawaii?" Roman asks and gets my attention.

"Well, I like the ocean and it calls me home always. I also like the beautiful sky, stars-" He cuts me off and looks at me confused before saying, "Are you a being who lives in the ocean? Nah... I asked you about the land but you talked something weird."

"I haven't really seen the land that much so I don't know how it looks. If I do something, it'll probably be by myself." I say and hope it is a safe answer but it doesn't. He gives me another confused look and shares a look with his friends.

"You told me it's your home but now you tell me that you don't know about the land that much!" He exclaims and makes me uncomfortable with his questions.

"Hey Ro, leave him. You make him run away if you continue questioning him!" Dean convinces him and makes him shut his mouth. He then looks at me and places his hand on mine, "If you want, I'll show you around. I know this place like the back of my hand."

I nod and look at the waitress when she reappears with the foods. She places the food in front of us and gives us a warm smile before leaving. I look at the food with doubt when it looks very familiar to me.

"Hey, what's in this?" I point out the thing that lays on my plate

"It's dourada fish," My eyes widen when I heard what Paige said. I look at them when they eat something familiar on my plate. They eat fishes, which means they can eat us. What if they find out I'm a merman, they will eat me like this.

I swallow hard as I look at them with fear in my eyes. As they eat the food, I imagine monsters digging the food with forks. I can't stay here anymore even my stomach aches for food.

I push the plate away and get out of the restaurant. I lean against the wall as I place my hand on my stomach. I look up when I feel something hits at my side and see Dean standing beside me with a plate in his hand.

 I look up when I feel something hits at my side and see Dean standing beside me with a plate in his hand

"I know you're hungry so eat this," He gives the plate to me but I push it away.

"Nah, I don't like fishes to eat," I say and turn my head away to look at the other side, not wanting to see the food.

He places his hand on my cheek and turns me to look at his side. "It's not fish, it's white seaweed. When you looked at your food weirdly, I got it you don't like fishes. You seem like a seaweed guy so I brought this." He picks up the spoon and fills it with food before bringing it to my mouth.

I look at him in the eyes and open my mouth slowly to eat the food. As he feeds me, my eyes are on him and wonder why he takes care of me.