Chapter 54

Dean POV:

Today I feel relieved and more like myself again because Seth is doing great since waking up. If he is good, I can do anything in this world. To bring a genuine smile to his face, I won't care to put the world at his feet because he deserves it.

As I slip the jacket on my shoulders and make my way to the door, he nods at me and takes me in for an embrace to say goodbye. My mind gets confused again when I can feel the shiver in his body. It seems like he doesn't say goodbye to send me off to work; it's like something different.

His body feels good, and there is no doubt in it. It feels so goddamn good against my own that I don't want to let go. Not ever. Warm and heavy, and the hug feels like he is holding onto me like he is terrified if we break apart, we will never see each other again.

I feel his tears crash onto my shoulder, and it makes me clench my fist. The hug doesn't last long because he pulls back and smiles softly at me. I nod at him and get out of the house, thinking about his every activity.

I stop in my track and turn to look back when I feel everything is just acting. I feel like I can't see the younger one again if I go now. I return home and give him a shock by slipping the jacket off and throwing it on the couch.

"I think I don't want to go work," I say, wrapping my arms around him and pressing a small kiss on his neck.

"Why?!" He pulls my hands away from him and holds it with his, thinking about something.

"I'm not feeling well." I convince him and drag him to the couch, letting him sit on my lap. I observe his facial expressions and hope nothing serious is going on. I play with his fingers and try to calm his nerves as he shudders, eventually.

He turns into my arms and stares at me in the eyes before whispering what's on his mind, "D-Dean, I have to be in the middle of the ocean tonight."

I look at him confused until something hits on my mind, "Right. We will travel in a ship tonight and do whatever you want." I won't keep him away from his responsibilities because I have accepted him all on his own.

"We?! No." He jumps slightly and tries to convince me by pressing sweet kisses on my jawline. He nuzzles into my neck and whispers, "You have to stay here.."

"If I don't come with you, I won't let you go as well," I demand, making sure that I'm not letting him slip out of my hands. I let my family skidded out of my hold already so I wouldn't let that thing again, especially him.

He thinks about it for a few moments before accepting at one step, "Fine. If we're going together, we will need our friends too.."

I accept his demand and press a small kiss on his forehead, holding him tight against me. Even if I don't know what is going on in his mind, I will ready for everything because I believe in our love and ocean. Those two have brought him to me many times, so I trust them. They will be responsible for everything that is going to happen in our life.

Seth POV:

When we get onto the ship that evening, a tear falls from my eye as I remember every moment of happiness that I have shared with Dean. It's our last ride together! I wipe the tear away and smile at Paige, who looks at me accusingly.

Not wanting to talk about anything, I pass over her and sit on a chest that has stuck in one corner. I watch the waves longingly, but the radio from inside disturbs my mind and lets me break down.

Every damn song reminds me of Dean, and it is hard not to burst into tears again. I close my eyes and try to think of something else, but it is easier said than done. The memories I have with him pop into my mind, and I can see all the good times. It hurts me, but at the same time, I don't want to forget.

I wipe the tear away when the night sky arrives and reminds my goal. It looks like the last time I have done it. Nothing different than having my love with me now.

My love!

I laugh as I see Dean walking toward me with his usual look. I turn away and wipe the remaining tears from my face before greeting him, "Hey." I'm not sure of what to say, so I mumble slightly, "I thought you'd rather be with Roman."

He looks genuinely confused. "Why should I be with him?" Then the understanding gradually crosses his face. "Don't tell that you're planning to leave me with them. No one can replace your spot in my life!"

I place my hand on his cheek with tears in my eyes and stare at him, "I love you forever, even if it doesn't last long."

He tries to speak something, but the precious ship gets tossed in a vicious storm suddenly as we get closer to the middle of the ocean. Half the people are below deck to avoid the storm, but he refuses to let the rain deter him from me.

 Half the people are below deck to avoid the storm, but he refuses to let the rain deter him from me

We are soaked through and dripping, but neither of them cares. His icy blue eyes turn to look at the water when some merfolk parading up and waving a hand at us. He gets surprised and waves them back as he is excitedly watching their greeting dance.

When I notice the clouds move away from the moon to let it shine brightly, I turn his head to me and kiss him until we have to part for air. I don't want the night to end. But eventually, he flutters his eyes; I'm wide awake and guess tomorrow has arrived.

Hot tears are pricking my eyes when I'm staring at him. My chest rises and falls as I breathe heavily. My heart is aching like it has been torn apart into a thousand pieces. So, this is how heartbreak feels like. I place a hand on my chest, although I know it won't stop the agony.

For the first time, I realize how powerful lovers must be if they can endure all the heartbreaks in their entire existence. With a weak smile, I slide off the ship and fall into the ocean with my eyes plaster on him. "I love you!!" The words leave my throat when my body hits the water and makes the weather quiets down...