Chapter 21

Seth POV:

I get out of the house once Paige leaves for work and go to the beach with hope in my heart. I have the only thought in my mind that I need to go home fast somehow. I hope my friends would get my message and reply good news for me.

I sigh and run over to the rocks, making sure no one has their eyes on me. I get frustrated when I find the bottle that fixed here is looking like I did yesterday. That means my friends didn't notice the bottle with the shell. What if they didn't come here and forget me as time goes on? What if they think I used to live on this land?

No! I don't think like that. They won't forget me whatever happens because we are one. I stare at the bottle until it glistens in pink color. I move over and notice the glistening diminishes when the sunlight falls on it.

As I go near it, my shadow falls on it and it glistens brightly again. I smile and pick up the bottle, thanking God for making my friends got my message. I open the lid and spray the blow of air from inside the bottle to the rock. The rock paints in pink and glistens lightly.

I dip my hand in the water and spray it on the rock to see the message. It's our way to send a message to friends. We have a glistening power separately, and for Alexa it is pink. For Sasha it is blue, and for me it is gold.

"You should meet us tonight."

As I read the words, my heart beats fast to know whether the message is good or not for me. I hope they will come here with pleasant news for me. I want to go home and I want to be a merman again.

I walk on the shore as I look over the sea, longing to feel the water. I sit on the sand to watch the waves and think about the things that happened in my life. There isn't anybody at this time on the beach and I appreciate the silence more than ever.

I have a knot in my stomach that I can't get rid of as I think about Dean. I can't stop thinking about the way he looks at me whenever he sees me. There is something in his eyes that scare the shit out of me. I groan and pull my knees to my chest, burying my face in it.

"Hey," I hear a voice from behind and it makes me jump. I haven't realized I'm alone anymore. I lift my head up and my heart hurts when my eyes lay on the man who is driving me crazy.

"Can I sit here?" Dean asks with a slight smile on his face.

"It's a free world, you can do whatever you want.," I say and watch the waves with pleasure. It was really good to float on the surface of the sea and I miss it a lot. I try to wander my mind to my earlier days because he was not there with me at that time. And at last, it will be the end of his love with me!

"Who are you, Seth?" He asks and pours the sand in my feet, playing with it.

I watch him playing without mind anything and ask slowly, "Who do you think I am?"

He chuckles and clasps his hands together before staring at me, "My angel! You're the pearl that I wait to harvest for. You're the waves that wash over my emotions in my life. You're the sun to bring happiness in my life. You are.. everything in my life!" His voice gets lower as he gets closer to me.

I blink my eyes as his fingers graze my face. "You're so beautiful, Seth." He says in a rough voice. "I've never thought God would send someone like you for me." His hand moves to the back of my neck as he leans closer to me.

I stare at him as he brushes his lips against mine. Before he deepens the kiss, his tongue gently coaxes me to part my lips. I forget myself and open my mouth to let him do whatever he wants. When I do, he slips his tongue inside and slowly caresses my mouth.

He pulls away from me with a satisfied smile on his lips and breaths hard, "Am I going too far?"

I shake my head but at the same time, I move back. "I have to go." I get up from the sand and make my way to Paige's house. Behind me, I hear him call out my name but I didn't stop.

I should have known this was going to happen. I knew he is developing feelings for me, yet why did I let it happen? I'm the one who makes the thing worse always. I'm the one who makes both of our lives hell!

Dean POV:

Seth looks like a lost soul after our kiss, so I need to make sure whether he reaches the house safely or not. I look at the spa resort one last time before taking a decision to go which way because my shift will start again after a few minutes.

I shake my head and follow Seth as he makes his way to Paige's house. I get scared as he doesn't care about the vehicles when he crosses the road. He stands in the middle of the road and holds his leg as he hisses.

I grab his hand and pull him back at the right time when a car near him. I hold him against me as he whines in pain. I rub his back gently and pull him into a park, wanting to talk to him.

His chest raises heavily as he still thinks about the incident. I cup his cheeks and force him to look at me, "What would have happened if I didn't follow you? I couldn't even imagine in my life. Do you hate me that much, huh?"

He gasps and stares at me like he isn't expecting me to burst out suddenly. "I didn't think you could sacrifice your life, not wanting to live with me," I say with hurt as the rain pours on me.

I blink my eyes and look at him as he doesn't care about the rain, still staring at me. I slip my jacket off and cover it over his body, not wanting him to get cold. "I won't catch in your eyes again.." I shake my head and walk back slowly.

As I turn around to get out of the park, I hear him whine so I turn to look at him as he holds his leg. I can't see him suffering so I go to him and pull him into my arms, carrying him to Paige's house.

We stay in silence on the entire way and I drop him on the couch, making sure he is comfortable. I sigh and turn to leave, but he grabs my hand and mumbles, "I'm sorry. I-I didn't try to commit suicide... My leg just got sprained when I tried to cross the road."

I take his every word in my mind and think about it. I look at him as he stares down and mumbles, "You're a good guy that I've ever met in my life. I can understand your feelings in me, but I can't give you a joyful life. I can't live with you forever even if I think so.."

I kneel and lift his face up to press a kiss on his lips, "But I'll live with you even if I have a day in my life."

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him with me on my lap to the floor. Our foreheads almost touch as I feel his breath on my cheeks. "I'm so sorry." He whispers almost silently.