Chapter 20

Seth POV:

I notice Paige's car in the driveway when I reach the house and my mind is filled with confusion at the sight of it because usually, she would return home in the evening, not in the afternoon.

I sigh and get into the house, seeing her sitting on the couch in the living room. "Hey," I wave a hand at her weakly and make my way to my room, but she stops me and turns me around to look at her.

"Where did you go? Your boyfriend has called me like the hundredth time in the afternoon to know whether you're okay." She yells at my face and pats my cheek when I frown at her comment. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you. But please inform me next time if you're going outside." She says and looks at me concerned.

I nod slowly and look down at the floor with a guilty in my eyes. I narrow my eyes and look up at her when she pats my shoulder and pushes me to my room, "Go and take a shower. I'll prepare lunch for us. Do you want anything special?"

I shake my head and get in the room, closing the door behind me. I lean against the door and think about the love that these humans have for me. What did I do to earn this love from these humans?

I won't forget them in my life even if I change into a merman again. I will tell my family and friends about them. I will tell my people that all humans are not bad.

I sigh and go to the closet to take some sweatpants and a t-shirt before entering the bathroom for a shower. I look at my reflection in the mirror, and I look like shit. I rub my face and start taking my clothes off.

I enter the shower and close the curtain to take a cold shower. The cool water slowly starts to wash all the stress out of my body and bring all the wonderful memories in my life. When Dean involves in those memories, I jolt awake and stare at the wall with fear in my heart.

I look down and place my hand on my chest where he pressed earlier, trying to feel the heartbeat. I get scared of my feelings so I stop the shower and get out of it. My feelings for Dean start to heavy and make me lovesick all the time.

I'm pissed at myself for letting him inside my heart. No! I should do something and go to my home fast. I hope my friends will get my message tonight and help me change into a merman again.

I get dressed and get out of the room to see Paige set up dishes on the dining table. "Hey," She says and puts her hand on my back to comfort me. "You can sit down, I'll serve you food."

I nod and sit on the chair, eating the food slowly until she pats my hand to get my attention. "Why don't you go on a date with Dean?" She asks and rubs my hand gently.

"No!" I say and eat the food, hoping she will leave this topic here but she doesn't and pleads with me, "Please.."

"No!" I push the plate aside and get up from the chair, escaping from the topic. I try to forget him, but she tries to hook me up with him. She wouldn't do this if she knew who I am.

Dean POV:

"Dean, why don't you go on a date with your precious angel?" Roman asks and takes a sip of his beer, not taking his eyes off of the football game that is showing on the television. We are at the bar to watch the game together or just to hang out because our favorite teams are playing each other and we have betted high against each other.

"Why would I spend time with you if he came on a date with me?" I ask him in return and take a sip from my beer. I curse myself when I see my team is losing since I have talked a lot of shit to everybody at the spa resort all this week.

"Yeah... I can understand, but how long you have given him space to think about you?" He asks, turning his head slightly. "You will never have a chance with him if you give him too much space."

"I don't know what to do.." I sigh, exasperated. "I don't want to force him into anything because he already distrusts in me to share his things." I palm my face and let out a frustrated sigh.

He clears his throat to get my attention and pats my shoulder, "Don't worry, dude. I think he has trusting issues!"

"Maybe. He always tells me that we can't live together because I'm human." I say and down the rest of the beer, letting him think about my statement.

"Are you kidding me?" He shakes his head and laughs at my face. "Maybe he tries to confuse you and make you stay away from him by talking shit like he is some other creature."

I frown and turn my head to the television, thinking about his words. I glare at him as he teases me, "Did you check he has legs or he might be a ghost?"

"Shut up!" I hit his shoulder and take another sip of my beer, turning my attention back to the game.

We have only stuck around for another twenty minutes, leaving after the game and arguing over who will pay for the beers we get. He pays the bills and keeps his words on me while we are on the way home.

When we reach the house, I make my way upstairs to my room without minding him. I open the door and get inside, closing the door and locking it. I kick the boots off and put them on the floor of the closet, then slipping out of my jacket.

I sigh and take my phone out to call Paige to know about Seth whether he is okay and get asleep peacefully. When she tells me that he went to bed already, I feel relieved and hang up the phone. I lay on the bed and think about his beautiful face as I go to the dreamland.