Chapter 39

Seth POV:

After a week has passed, my mind has still wrapped up with the movie and the dream that involves Dean. I don't know how to erase all these thoughts from my mind. I thought meeting my friends at the rocks would be good, but the dream scared the shit out of me and kept me from further taking a step.

My feet stop in the track when I see Paige holding the black pearls in her hand and showing it to Punk in the shop. How did she get this? Are they talking about my friends and me? Did they know my secret?

I watch them closely in sheer desperation as I take slow steps toward them. I feel depressed, lonely, and sad again. How did everything turn into this mess so quickly? I demanded nothing from them except Dean because he got into my heart on his own and held a powerful place there.

I'm easily distracted watching them agreeing on something as I get into the door. I wonder what it is all about, and the next thing that I'm noticing is Paige's eyes suddenly widened as she looks at me.

"Seth, lookout. Oh, shit." I hear her voice in my head, but it's too late. I put my finger on the plugboard already and got threw out in the air. The last thing I remember is the panicked expression on her face, and then everything goes dark.

Dean POV:

I'm pacing back and forth in the hospital's waiting room, where Seth is currently being evaluated for a concussion. I sigh heavily and run my hands through my hair while imagining the picture of him being spreading on the floor helplessly. It keeps playing inside my head in a never-ending loop ever since I have arrived here. How did it happen so far? What if something serious happened to him?

I jump, startled, when Roman puts his hand on my shoulder and informs, "The doctor told he suffered a light concussion and needed to stay here overnight. If there are no complications, he will be able to go home tomorrow." I sigh in relief, looking quite lost.

"Don't worry, Dean. He's gonna be okay." He reassures me and tries to comfort me.

"This is all my fault." I blame myself. "I knew he was distracted by something for a week, but I just let him like the worst boyfriend. If I cleared his mind from itching anything, that accident would never happen. If something serious happened to him, I would never forgive myself. If I were a wonderful boyfriend, he wouldn't end up in a hospital bed. I failed, Rome! I won't ever forget seeing him lying there unconscious." I sob a little and kick the nearby chair helplessly.

"I know. It's okay, buddy. He is gonna be all right." He embraces me and tries to calm me down, but it isn't exactly working until he informs, "The doctor told that he asked for you."

"Why did you not inform this first?!" I yell at him and shove him away before making my way to Seth's room. I didn't have time to hear my friend's response because I waited enough already. I need to make sure with my own eyes that Seth is all right.

I open the door to his room and find his eyes are on me the moment I enter inside. The softness in his eyes and the brief smile on his face shake me to my core. It's the first time I care for someone this much who visits a hospital.

"Hey," I say sheepishly while grabbing the chair next to his bed.

"Hey," He blinks, reaching out after my hand and holding it. His palm is freezing like he's staying in the water, but it doesn't shiver a bit. He's such a mysterious creature, particularly like a fish.

I draw small circles on his palm and look into his eyes, "You scared the shit out of me. Don't be careless like that ever again, all right?"

He nods slightly and runs his thumb in circles over my hand. Even if he's here with me, his mind starts to think about something that's been bothering him still now. How could it possible? By that time, the medicine should take its effort and made him relax.

There is a long moment of silence before I cough slightly to get his attention. "Eh, so how are you feeling?" I ask because I need to know this.

"I feel boneless!" He complains, causing me to laugh. His cuteness makes me think that I've never seen someone more adorable at this very moment.

"I would feel boneless too if I put my finger on the plugboard and got threw out in the air," I say, pinching his nose. We look at each other and start laughing hysterically at the same time.

"I didn't get this experience before except hearing from my other friends who got into an ocean current." He wonders aloud. Sometimes he would weirdly talk that I couldn't understand anything like he was a living being of the ocean.

I sense there is something about him that he scares to admit, but if I push him the right way, he may spill it out. And I hope the medicine will wear him out and make him spill everything that he is bottled up.

"Wanna share some of that with me?" I ask cautiously. "You know I'm always here for you if you want to talk."

"Nah, maybe another time if it's okay with you." He whispers shyly.

I can't help myself as I tenderly stroke through his hair, "It's okay." We fall into a mutual silence again while I continue to caress his head.

He closes his eyes, not wanting to give away his powerful feelings for me that he is holding in the very moment. If he loses his mind a little, he may share his intimate issues with me now.

"So if I was right, you would be careless thinking of those silly pearls. And if pearls could kill someone, my angel would be dead by now." I whisper, trying to bring the topic that is the initial reason for everything.

"Yeah." He admits, his voice is raw. "But it's not silly pearls like you think. It was my friends' resemblance!" He points out weakly.

"Uh-huh. If you were caring this much about your friends, then why would you keep away from them?" I ask suddenly, my voice as raw as his, and my heart is beating fast, heavily.

"It's not my wish. It's my fate!" He sighs weakly and plays with his fingers. By the look in his eyes, I'm sure he's crying for them invisibly and caring for them too much.

I stop caressing him and move my hand onto his cheek instead while running my thumb tenderly over his lips. "I won't let fate play in your life, baby. If you let me know where your friends are, I'll bring them here for you."

"You can't!!" He laughs weakly with many emotions in his heart. His expressions are confusing me even more because he doesn't give any obvious answers, eventually.

"Why?! Did they died?" I ask slowly, feeling sorry for him. I would blame myself if I brought some emotional topic to make him cry. My heart is about to explode as he flutters his pretty lashes weakly before turning to look out the window.

"No. They're still alive in the limitless ocean of us.." His eyes still settle on the outside and observe nature perfectly. "The home of merfolk!" He says proudly with a slight smile on his face. Did he know what he is talking about?

I can't believe what I'm listening to now. It's truly unbelievable! It didn't seem he was talking out of his mind because of those medicines. I could see the emotions that were hiding behind his eyes, and it was true undoubtedly. Does it mean he is a..!