Chapter 50

Dean POV:

I wake up and shake my head a bit. I move my hand across the bed and immediately sit up, looking around. My love is nowhere to be seen. "Seth?" I barely croak out. I cough to clear my throat, "Seth!"

"What? Jesus, I leave for like five minutes.." His voice calls out as he walks out of the bathroom. He is barely dressed, wearing nothing but a towel, using another to dry off his head.

As he gets close enough to me, I pull him down, causing him to yelp. "What the-" The words stop in his throat when he notices the concern in my face. He feels something is aching deep inside his chest, and he almost goes lightheaded for a brief moment.

I wrap my arms around him and hold him close, breathing him in. "I thought-" I cling tighter to him. "I thought you were gone."

A pause, then he wraps his arms around me in return. "I-I can't. Not anymore." He says finally. He puts his lips close to my ear and reassures me a few short words that stop my heart cold.

I pull him in for a kiss, then pressing my forehead to him. "I love you."

He stiffens for a moment, then relaxes in the embrace. "Dean?" He mumbles quietly, his brows furrow slightly in concern. He must have been thinking too long. He remedies that by leaning down to take me in a fierce kiss that leaves us breathless. "I love you too." He murmurs against my lips.

I lean up a bit, eyes gleaming. "Look at you. Do you have any idea what you look like to me?"

He looks away a bit, shaking his head mutely. Using the distraction, I make him lie flat on his back and cover his body with my own, kissing him soft and warm and eager. It's like a gentle wave rolling over us, washing everything new and bright; Like sunlight on a brand new day.

"You're so fucking gorgeous," I say roughly. "You know that, right? You have to. I know you do."

He whimpers slightly again, hands clinging to my arms, and that makes my head spin with the feeling of it. He's getting off on my words. He is fucking loved it.

When I pull away to look down at him, he seeks alive and reinvigorated. My Seth, but happy and glowing, everything I want him to be.

He smiles at me fondly, like the strain finally eases something on his mind. "Should have known there was no taming a wild animal like you."

"Hey, it was all because of you. The glowing in your body was the reason for all that." I say with a suggestive smirk.

"I didn't complain about your activities. I-I just like you being wild." He says breathy, voice low and eyes dark.

I squeeze his hand tighter in my own. "You know that's why I love you. Your body would take everything that I was giving you.." I bring his hand to my lips and press a small kiss on it. "You're the only one for me, always!"

He squeezes back for a moment before he brings our hands closer to his body, presses them to the center of his chest, his eyes steady and unblinking, looking right into me. "I know. I can always feel you. Maybe we should've moved on a long time ago," He says with a quick shrug. "But I'm glad we didn't."

"You're damn right. You're stuck with me, my cute merman." I say, pulling him in closer until his head is tucked right under my chin, his arm curls around my back. I run a gentle hand over his hair before pressing my mouth to the crown of his head.

"Yeah," He murmurs into my skin, cheek pressed warm and soft against my chest, eyes falling shut. Calm and content and still the most honest, most satisfying thing I've ever held in my arms.

Seth POV:

When our friends knock at the door and make us remember our last night's plan, we pull away from each other and grin wildly. We planned on seeing their surfer friends today, so we should get ready on time.

Once Dean has disappeared into the bathroom, I'm thankful that it's empty as I start to peel the towel off. Not certainly wanting to have to explain to anyone why I got fading bruises that could only be explained as fingertips dug into my hips too hard.

As I pull my pants up and tie the chord, I'm honestly thankful that I can cover the particular piece of evidence because I'm not exactly sure I can explain this away so handily as I do the others.

I turn to sit and put on my shoes but catching my reflection in the mirror. I can't stop myself from pulling the material back down and letting my fingers dig into the spaces where Dean has marked out on my hips.

I shiver and turn to look at him when he places his hand on mine. I close my eyes and let the feeling sink into me as his fingers trail over my waist. I shudder at the sudden change in my body and move away from him, trying to glance a look at my waistline.

He places his hand on my shoulder and squeezes a little, nodding at me. His brow furrows as he leans down and takes a closer look at my waist. His name 'Dean' has etched there to make sure that I'm his! "Neither I belong to the ocean nor the land. I belong to you, only you!" I whisper, tear staining in my eyes.

He stuns in place and glances up at me, swallowing hard. "Is it true?!" He asks, running his fingers on the words. He still can't believe that his name is carved into my body to show everyone that I'm his.

I nod and pull him up, pressing my lips on his gently. If merfolk had officially belonged to someone, their soulmate's name would have appeared at the low of their hips. So I have his name! Our world has accepted us as a couple!