Part 12

Y/N POV
All i could see was white. Like an extremely bright light. I couldn't make out anything in this room i was in, if thats what i'm even in, a room. I couldn't see, the light was the reasoning for it. It was so fucking bright. Where am i?

"Hello?" I asked out into the open, hoping somebody was here. Silence.

I looked around me. Still there was nothing.

Left. Right. Up. But as i looked down, more colours added to the white.

It was like a TV playing.

On it was Lauren sitting besides a bed that was occupied by a body. The body was white as a sheet. Lifeless. Yet it's chest was rising and falling very slowly. A robe lay on their body. No that wasn't what it was, it was a hospital gown. Over in the corner of the room lay bloody clothes. My bloody clothes. With further inspection, i found out that it was Lauren sitting besides a bed that was occupied with MY body. Lifeless, if not for the slow rising of my chest.

How can i be down there when i'm up here too?

I tried to get her attention. "LAUREN!" Nothing. "LAUREN UP HERE!" Silence. "LAUREN PLEASE!" Quiet.

"She can't hear or see you Y/N" A voice? Slowly turning around, now facing that same voice.

I needed time to adjust. My eyes needed time to adjust. The white bright light disallowing that for some time until...

"Grandad?" He was sporting his famous pink Ralph Lauren polo shirt and jeans, his normal snazzy shoes and John Lennon sunglasses.

"Long time no see aye" I wanted to cry. I ran to him and gave him the biggest hug ever. He chuckled and hugged me back.

But then it clicked, my Grandad passed years ago. Am i in heaven? Oh no. I didn't make it did i? But how come my body is still breathing?

"Well to answer all of those questions, you're in the place between." I looked at him confused, he knew what i was thinking. But also what's the place between? "I can read you're mind Y/N it's a specialty of mine" He joked and i couldn't help but laugh. I missed him goofing off. "Well the place between is where you're in between heaven and life."

"Wait so what does this mean? Am i going to die and this is just the place i wait until my breathing finally stops?" Confusion peaked, i couldn't wrap my head around this.

"This is where you make a choice. You can either come with me or you can go back to Lauren and your life." Wait Lauren?

"How do you know about Lauren?" That's probably a stupid question to ask after what he has just told me but i was curious.

"Y/N did you really think i'd just leave and not look down on you? I've been watching you ever since i passed. I'm so proud of how far you've come, you've found an amazing girl down there and i know that what she said to you in that cafeteria , she regrets every minute of it. She loves you, i can see that. And you love her. You've got amazing friends surrounding you Y/N and the way you take care of your brother is amazing." I was shocked, he's actually always there for me. He's definitely the one who keeps me in line. I chuckled at the thought.

"I write to you sometimes, and i talk to you at night when things get hard." I told him just in case he didn't know.

"I know, got me choked up on some of the things you say you little devil." I just let out a watery chuckle. I didn't know i was crying. "I listen to everything and i'm always with you in whatever you do." He gave me a warm smile. "But you have a pretty big choice to make here."

Right, the decision. I would love to stay here with my Grandad and go see my other family members like Daniel or my Great Grandad or my Nan. I could hang out with them all day long and play pool with my Grandad like old times and joke with my Nan and get to know Daniel considering he passed as soon as he was born. I want to watch the horse racing with my Grandads and scream at the TV "COME ON NUMBER SIX". My Grandad was my best friend and he still is, i'd pay anything to do all those things with him again. I wanted all of that. I needed that.

But then what about Max? What about Camila? What about the guys? What about all of my friends? Most importantly what about Lauren? But does Lauren even like me at all? Maybe she just said that because she thought she was going to die. Max doesn't need me either, he's got mom and dad, they'll come back if i go so he won't be alone. Lauren will be fine, she'll move on and be happy with someone else. Camila may be a little hurt but she's got everyone else right? I'm not that important to them, they have each other. And in all honesty if i go back, i might have some serious injuries, maybe some that won't allow me to play soccer again which is my absolute dream in life. It's a huge risk. Maybe it'll be easier to go with the safest option right?

"I think i know what i want to do."

***
What will your decision be?? I'm sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger but this story would be boring if i didn't right?

Anyways thank you guys so much for reading, i really appreciate it all and i'm so thankful for all you beautiful people. Thanks for voting and commenting, it means a lot to me. I love you all. Have a great day/night/whatever <3