Part 17

A/N: What you're wearing this chapter^

Y/N'S POV
I got out of the hospital a couple days ago and i've just been catching up on sleep and trying to let this fucking stitched up hole in my stomach heal. I'm so ready to leave this bed and get back on that field but i'm not physically ready for that. I can hardly walk, i'm so wobbly on my feet but i need to work on that so i can be there for the first game of the season on Friday.

"Y/N i know what you're thinking, i don't think you'll be ready to play on Friday." Lauren and i were currently cuddling in my bed watching The Walking Dead. She's been staying with me and she'll be staying for a while i think. School is starting up again next week so we haven't really been doing anything for the time we've been off.

"But i really want to Lo, i haven't played in so long and i'm not gonna let a stupid bullet stop that." I'm determined to play and there's no talking me out of it.

"That's the thing though Y/N/N you literally got shot!! You need to let that heal before you do anything major." I may be determined to play but Lauren is even more determined to stop me.

"Yeah but i can't just live in fear of hurting it again, i'm fine as long as i take it slow. Coach knows about it anyways and if she sees that i'm in pain in any way she'll sub me. I just want to try it out Lo, i need to get back on that field. Please?" Lauren looked hesitant and it looked like she was going to give into me after a while but she's stubborn as hell.

"If you play on Friday, i won't talk to you." Is she serious? I'm literally going to be fine it's not even a big deal tf. I don't get what her problem is, if i get myself hurt again then that's on me. Can't she just let me do what i need to do and not make life 10 times fucking harder.

"Fine, don't talk to me then." I'm kinda pissed ngl like there's no need to make this big a deal out of it. If i'm in pain, i'll just tell coach to take me out. I'm not going to do anything drastic, i just got shot for fucksake.

Lauren stood up and stormed out of my room. Well this is fucking great. I'm honestly not even assed she's making a massive deal out of nothing seriously. I know it's childish but i don't get why she can't just respect my decision and be there for me. This is a big step in my whole recovery like i haven't played in ages and not too long ago i couldn't do anything! I was stuck in a fucking coma for christ sake. There's nothing holding me back anymore. I want to live my life because who knows what day will be your last right?

The rest of the night went painfully slow, Lauren didn't speak to me, she stayed in the guest bedroom. Max came to play some video games with me but got bored after a while so he went back to his room to do god knows what. I ordered some chinese food because i couldn't be bothered cooking and Lauren just took hers up to her room and ate there. This is going to be a slow ass week.

-

Today is Monday and i'm back in school. Great. I know i don't show it but this whole getting shot thing is scaring the shit out of me. The worst part is, is that Alex was my friend you know? And i know he didn't mean to pull the trigger but he did go into that school with the intention of killing many students, some innocent too. It's just, you can never be too careful about who you trust.

I skated to school today and Lauren took one of my cars, Max had his babysitter today so we didn't have to worry about dropping him off at school.

"Y/L/N, how are you bro?" Caleb threw his arm round my shoulder and walked into the school with me. God i missed him.

"I'm doing alright apart from the broken ribs and gunshot wound." He chuckled slightly and shook his head.

"You're one tough son of a bitch man." I laughed and bumped my shoulder into him slightly. We carried on walking and when we got to my locker the whole group was there.