Chapter 4

Jules POV 

Walking back to the common room was hard. I was walking while holding my emotions. I was almost by the common room when I bumped into Hermione. "OOF- oh, Hello Jules- what's wrong? you seem sad" the girl asked. "It's nothing...Snape just irritates me." I hope that sounded convincing."Oh I know! Him and Harry already don't seem to like eachother. Where are you headed?" said Granger. "Oh i'm just headed to the Hufflepuff common room to do my work. But you have a nice day Hermione." I put my hand on her shoulder and then started heading towards the room.

"Bye Jules'' and Hermione left. I got into the common room and ran upstairs to me and Anne's room. When I got in there I started crying, I mean I know I shouldn't be crying over a little thing as a hug, but it hurts. Anne shot up from her bed and saw me crying "I'll get Ced, I'll be right back." she ran out the door into the boys room and told him I was crying.

Ced sat on the right of me and Anne sat on the left. I told them what happened. "Oh J im so sorry." Anne said while brushing my hair back. "He doesn't deserve you J honestly" said Cedric while holding me close. I like that I can be open with them.

A couple hours passed and it was time for dinner. Ced and Anne offered to just bring me something but I told them that it's not a big deal and I'll go to dinner. I didn't want to see Katie and Oliver but I guess some things are out of my hands.

Heading into the Great Hall I just threw a smile on my face and headed to my house's table. I started eating my food when I noticed someone was behind me. I turned around and it was Ernie Macmillan. Ernie was Hufflepuff, one of Ceds best guy friends. I've talked to him before it's mostly just because he's around Cedric at the time.

"Evening Waters'' the boy said. "Good evening Macmillan, what can I do for you?" I said with a smile on my face. "Well I was wondering if you were doing anything for the first trip to Hogsmead?" he said while scratching the back of his neck. "Well I planned on going with Cedric and Anne...but I might change my mind, convince me." I told him, "What did you have in mind?". "Well-" he pushed Cedric over and sat next to me, I laughed and he started talking again. " I was hoping that maybe you would want to join me for a butterbeer and I could get to know you better?" he told me. "Hmm well...fine" I finally said.

He exhaled like he was holding his breath for a while. Cedric laughed and slapped him on the shoulder "Nice job Mac". We all laughed.

Erine then left to go finish his meal. "You know..." I turned to Anne as she spoke. "During that whole convo I couldn't help but notice a certain boy was looking in your direction." she nudged her head towards Oliver so turned my head to the Gryffindor table and made eye contact with the boy. Great. I honestly can't do this anymore. So I stood up and told my two best friends that I will be right back.

I headed towards the Gryffindor table. When I got there I had two options, sit with the twins, Lee, Angelina, Alicia, Percy, Oliver and Katie. Or I can go chat with Harry, Ron, Hermione and I believe the other kids name is Neville. I have to face them eventually right? So I walked over to the twins.

I put my arms over the twins shoulders and said "Hey guys, guess who has a date for the first Hogsmead trip?" and just like on the train, Oliver's head shot up from his plate.

"Oh yeah, with who?" Fred asked. "Of course" Lee said, Angelina threw a tomato at him. "Oi Johnson! If you wanted to go with me you could've just asked". "Can it Jordan." the girl said. "Who are you going with Jules?" George asked. "Macmillan" I then told them. "Oh he's cute" Alicia said, "Very" Angelina added. "He's not that good looking" I heard Oliver whisper as he was starting to drink his drink.

"What was that Ollie?" Katie said. Ollie. "Hmm? oh nothing" Oliver then said "Welp i'm going to head off to bed, nice talking to you guys goodnight'' I told them and then walked over to the first year Trio "Goodnight guys'' and they wished me goodnight as well and I headed over to Ernie.

I stood behind him and said "Macmillian'' he turned around and smiled at me. "What can I do for you Waters?" His friends now turned around and looked up at me with smiles. "Walk me back to the Common Room?" I held out my hand. He gladly took it and stood up, "Gladly".

When we walk out of the Great Hall I can feel eyes on me. We walked back talking about our day and we finally reached the common room. I thanked him for walking with me and wished him goodnight.

I walked in my dorm and went to take a shower. When I came back I went on my bed to do some homework. Anne walked in 20 minutes later ranting about an argument she and Cedric got in. "-anyway, I think you would like to know that Oliver seemed upset and walked out the Great Hall a couple minutes after you and Macmillan." I looked up from my Herbology book and said "Why?" she looked at me and said "How the hell am I supposed to know, personally I think he likes you-" before she could finish her sentence a first year named Hannah Abbott opened the door.

"Excuse me-" she got cut off bye Anne "WHAT? Can't you see two adults having a conversation" I threw my pillow at her and said "shush" then I looked at Hannah "How can we help you?" I asked the first year with a smile.

"A Gryffindor boy is asking for you Jules." A Gryffindor? Maybe it's one of the twins, I thought. "Thank you, can you tell him I will be down in a minute." she then nodded her head and left. I put my hair in a ponytail and was about to leave when Anne called my name.

"If it's who I think it is then you are not wearing that, go grab your cute sweatshirt and some shorts, you have an arse use it." "Anne i'm not-'' she cut me off "Use it!". I wasn't down for an argument with the girl so I just did what I was told and walked out.

When I walked out the common room...it wasn't Fred or George.

"Wood?"

"Evening Waters, can we walk?" he asked. I didn't want to be rude so I slowly nodded my head. We started walking when he spoke "Didn't know you had a thing for Macmillan, he doesn't seem like the quidditch playing type." I looked up and him and said "He doesn't play it but he enjoys watching it." Oliver stopped walking and I stopped too. He turned to me and said "Why him?" I sighed and looked at him and said "Why Bell?" and walked forward.

He said "Me and Katie aren't together." I stopped walking, "What?" I asked because now i'm confused. "She's my best friend, can't say the same for you and Macmillan though." Okay now I'm double confused. "We aren't together, we're just going to Hogsmead'' I honestly can't believe we're having this conversation. "And you guys just happen to hold hands right?" Oliver said with an attitude. "Oh and your so perfect Mr. Ollie'' I put air quotes with my fingers with the word Ollie, but I wasn't done talking yet.

"So I can't hold hands with Macmillan, but you and your best friend can hold each other?" I looked at him with wide eyes. Silence. He was speechless, he didn't say and I don't think he wanted to.

"Thats all im saying" and I then left him alone in the corridor.