Chapter 27

Jules POV

December 24, Christmas Eve at the Woods residence. My time here has been amazing, Oliver's parents love me...so they say...and me and River have an amazing bond. Oliver's parents are off at work but since it's Christmas Eve they get off at 5 and River is over at one of her friends house for a group hangout with some of her friends. So right now it's just me and Oliver alone in his house.

It's 10am and I'm in the kitchen at the table writing both Anne and Cedric letters. Oliver is upstairs in his room. As much as we like being around each other we still need our space.

Dear Anne,

I am having an amazing time here! I miss you so much. The second we get back to school you, me and Ced are gonna have a "J.A.C Night" just so we can talk all night. How is your holiday so far? Have you been anywhere?

I guess I can tell you what me and Oliver have been up to. So far me and Oliver have played quidditch together, we made holiday cookies and decorated outside. I met some of his neighbors, they are really sweet and kind. His little sister River is so cute and I think she might have taken a liking on Ced...like you. Anyways...Oliver's mum has been taking photos of me and Oliver doing the most random things, from us baking to him talking to his dad while I read on the couch but his arm is over me.

I miss you! I love you! Write back ASAP!!

xx

Jules

I sealed the letter with some wax and waited for that to harden, I had Harley next to me and she was ready to go. When I saw that the wax had dried I put the letter in my owl's beak, "Give this to Anne please" I whispered to her and kissed her head. Harley then flew out of the window and began her journey.

I went to grab another piece of parchment when I heard Oliver coming down the stairs. I turned my head to where the noise was coming from and soon enough my boy walked in. He came in wearing a gryffindor jumper with his plaid pj pants, his snow boots and a beanie. In his hands he had one of my Hufflepuff jumpers along with the matching yellow scarf.

I stopped reaching for the parchment. I put my hand under my chin and rested my chin on it. "Olls it just snowed last night, it's freezing outside. Where could you possibly be going?" He strided over to the chair next to me.

"WE are going to a book store.The owner is one of my mum's friends and yesterday when my mum was coming back from work she dropped by to ask her if she's open on Christmas Eve. She is! So I wanna take you."

I pondered the thought and I was gonna say 'No it's too cold outside' but Oliver gave me his pleading eyes so I said "Fine. I guess so. But if I get frostbite...your paying the medical bill."

"DEAL!" He said and began to put the jumper on me.

"O- Oli-Oliver I'm capable of putting on my own jumper!"

He then let go and said "Sorry" he ran up the stairs and while he was up there I put on my jumper and I fixed my scarf around my neck. I was wearing my yellow and black plaid pj pants so now I am in Yellow neck to toe...like a big bumble bee.

He then came back down with my snow boots from my trunk. "Here you go." he then knelt down and moved my chair so it faces him. He put one shoe on and then the next. He even tied them.

"C'mon J" He patted my leg and then stood up. We started walking to the front door but then Oliver was heading towards one of the cabinets "My Mum left some money for us in here for the books."

He grabbed the money and put it in his pocket. He reached for the house key and then for my hand.

We stepped outside into the chilly cold winter air and now I'm cold. I look around at all the snow on the floor, on the trees, everywhere. A beautiful coat of white.