Chapter 54

Oliver POV:

I turn my head sideways at her. But she just looked at me. Something about that sounded so familiar.

"You heard her Wood, go sit down." Rickett said to me and pointed to a seat.

I scoffed and walked away. Through the whole class my eyes never left them. He would say something and she would laugh.

Why did that seem so familiar though?

After class I tried to catch up to Jules but Rickett drew her into a conversation with some other Hufflepuffs. But I saw Percy.

"Hey Perce! Can I speak with you for a minute?"

"You're going to even if I say no..."

"Jules said something to me and it sounded so familiar. So I was wondering maybe you would know, being my best mate and all."

"Okay what?"

"She said, 'It's not like if you don't sit with me your world won't light up in ways you never thought was possible.' I don't know, it sounded very specific."

Percy stopped walking which made me stop. He put his hand on my shoulder, "Before Christmas Holiday, letter from Katie Bell. She knows."

I think I've stopped breathing. "Are you sure?"

"Oliver it's me of course I'm sure."

"Percy, I need you to tell the rest of our Professors I'm not feeling well." I didn't get to hear what he said to me because before I knew it I was booking it to the Gryffindor Common Room. I need to find that letter.

I burst through the portrait, people were saying Hi to me but I was too occupied. I ran upstairs to my room and burst through that door too.

I walk over to my table and dresser frantically looking for it.

"If I was Jules where would I be to find that letter?" I looked around the room and my eyes laid on my trunk. I ran over to it and started going through it. I was searching for it when I found it. It was folded so small but it was right next to Jule's Quill.

I opened it, skimming down it, I found the sentence, "Light up in ways I never thought was possible." I read out loud to myself.

Excuse my language.

"FUCK!" I threw it at the trunk and ran my hand through my hair.

I sit down on my bed and put my head in between my hands shaking my head.

I think to myself:

This one is going to be hard to explain, first, why I never told her about it. We just had a conversation about communicating. There is a very good chance she will break up with me after this.

I go to my desk and start drawing quidditch plays. I know I should be thinking of ways to explain this to Jules but Quidditch helps me think.

I guess I was at my desk for a while because Percy walked in and shook his head at me.

"What happened?" I ask him as he's closing the door.

"Well I told our professors, I'll give you the homework-"

"-Not the homework Percy, Jules! What happened with Jules?!"

"How am I supposed to know?"

I snapped my quill in half. "You didn't talk to her?"

"You didn't tell me to talk to her."

My eyes followed him walking to his desk.

"For Merlin's sake, Perce." I stressfully hit my head on the table.