Chapter 41

Jules POV

I woke up earlier than usual this morning, I quietly got dressed so I didn't wake up Anne. When I was done putting on my robes, I headed to the bathroom to finish the getting ready process. I brushed my teeth and then I brushed out my hair. I walked over to the door to put on my shoes after I gathered my things then I headed out.

After quietly closing the door, I made my way down to the quiet Common Room and slipped out. I walked down the corridor to make my way to the kitchen. I walked in a moment and then made my way to find my favorite little elf.

The elves were cooking for breakfast, washing dishes, and cleaning away a storm. Then out of thin air Tink popped up in front of me.

"Good morning, Mistress Waters."

"Morning Tink, how are you?"

"Tink is doing just fine, is there anything Tink can get for you?"

"Yes actually, do you mind bringing me a candle?"

Tink lifted her hand up and then snapped, just like that she disappeared. It was only six seconds later she popped back in with a candle in her hand.

"Your candle Mistress Waters. May Tink ask what it's for?" she said, handing me the object.

I took, " A Transfiguration assignment, I never got the candle, and I was too scared to ask Professor McGonagall for one. Thank you for getting me this." I leaned down to give her a hug.

We pulled away, and Tink said "Till next time Mistress Waters." and with a snap of her fingers she was gone once again. I looked down at the candle in my hands and then put it in my bookbag.

If you're wondering what I'm going to do with the candle, I'm going to do exactly what I told Oliver I wanted to do, light it on the Black Lake. What does the candle represent? That's a really good question.

Peace, life, longing, feelings...anything you want it to be. But today the candle is going to represent love. The love I have- had, for my father. I'll explain more about it when we get there. For now, let's get the day going.

I turned around and headed for the exit, by now it was reaching 7 in the morning, breakfast should be out in a few minutes so I guess I can head into the Great Hall and wait. I walked through the corridors, mostly sixth or seventh years are up and out this early so a few are walking about.

I entered the Great Hall and decided to sit at the Hufflepuff table. I sat more towards the middle with my bag on the side of me. There were a few people chatting but not much. I put my elbow on the table and rested my chin on my hand. I noticed the sun shining through a part of the window and it just mesmerized me.

"Tired, are we?" Brooke said, waking me from daydreaming. I shook my head and looked around me, everyone was getting to their tables and breakfast was now in front of me.

"Not tired, I was here early and chose to do a bit of thinking."

"Mm, don't hurt yourself." She said while grabbing a banana.

I looked towards the door, and if they all couldn't be more awkward. Oliver, Percy, Fred, George, Ron, Anne, Ced, and Harry were all at the entrance looking back and forth from me, to each other, the back at me.

I rolled my eyes and started to put food on my plate, Earnie chose to sit next to me when he came over, and then Olivia was on my other side.

"What's with your whole group standing over there all weird?" Olivia commented pointing at them with her fork.

I shrugged, "No clue..." I said, biting my bagel. Just then Harley came in along with the other owls...but she was holding a bag. She dropped it and then many letters came out of it and all over the table and my lap.