Chapter 50

Jules POV:

The rest of the school days went by brilliantly. It is currently Friday afternoon. I am doing Transfiguration Homework given the OWLS are next month.

I'm sitting by a window in the library with Adrian. I asked Oliver before we went if it was okay with him. He said it was fine so here we are.

"How was your day?" he asked.

"Just like any other." I said, still looking at my transfiguration book.

It's been silent between us for a while, I'm trying to focus.

"So...good?" he questioned; I can see in the corner of my eye he was twirling his quill with his fingers.

I looked up from my book and inhaled. "Fantastic." I replied.

"Are you okay?" He puts the quill down now giving me his full attention.

"Yes, why?" I said, rubbing my eyes.

"Nothing, you just seemed a little tense, you know you can always talk to me."

"OWLS are just stressing me out, they're coming faster than I'd hoped."

"But you've been studying since the beginning of the year."

"So? What if I forget something that I learned at the beginning of the year."

"Well, let's see." He flipped his book to one of the earlier chapters and looked through the pages.

"What on earth are you doing?"

"Seeing if you remember something. What does the spell " Colovaria do?"

I looked down at my book to flip the pages to find the spell, but he put his hand on top of the book, causing me to look back up.

"Off the top of your head, you don't need the book. What does Colovaria do?"

"It, it um. It changes the color of something, right?"

He looks down at his book, "Correct. Colovaria changes the color of the target. See you do remember things. You just have to trust and believe in yourself. I know I do." He then placed his hand on top of mine.

But I let it stay there.

Wait.

I cleared my throat and then began to stand up. "Excuse me." I swiftly grabbed my bag and picked up my book from the table and abruptly left. Leaving him at the table probably confused.

I was headed to my Common Room; I was walking very fast through the corridors, I turned the corner when I saw Fred, George, Angelina and Alicia. I then turned back around and hid behind the corner.

They walked right past me. When I had a feeling that the coast was clear I came out from the corner and headed back to my destination.

When I got into my common room, I ran up the stairs, into our room and closed the door. I took a deep breath and then took off my shoes and dropped my bag on the floor.

I walked to my bed and plopped on top of it. But of course, the thing closest to my face was the badger.

"Ugh." I then pushed it off my bed. I just lay staring at the ceiling.

"Why did I leave my hand there?" I said to myself out loud.

"I mean I obviously have to tell Oliver, or maybe I don't."

"I don't have to tell him anything right? I mean it wasn't significant or anything, I wouldn't want him to worry." I try to reason with myself.

"Don't tell who what?" I heard by the door.