Chapter 23

Jules POV

"Thank you" Oliver says. But I wasn't done talking "And don't call me Rose...at least not when we're in an argument."

He rolled his eyes "Well we wouldn't be in an argument if you just talked to me."

"You want me to talk to you? Fine, then talk."

"I only gave her my jacket because I don't need one of my chasers getting sick. And the secret thing...we do have secrets J, I mean she WAS my best friend so she knows things. The whole thing about not telling you is just so you won't be mad at me."

"So lying to me was the best thing to think of? Oliver I am your girlfriend, you can talk to me about things and you need to know that I won't get mad because at the end of the day you are with me. I have trust in you and I like to think you won't do anything to purposely hurt me. But saying not to tell me and saying to keep it a secret and I still HEAR it...it kind of sounds bad on your part." I took in a deep breath and tried to keep my voice and emotions down.

Oliver then grabbed my hand and pulled me into him. "I'm sorry. I was being stupid and wasn't thinking. I'm sorry you heard that part of the conversation and was hurt by it." He squeezed me harder.

I stayed silent and just let his words sink in. I pulled away and looked into his brown eyes "You're only sorry because you got caught." I then let go of him and walked away. I left him stunned in the corridor and I proceeded to head to my dorm room.

I walked into the Common Room and saw Ced there. He stopped his conversation and stood up and walked over to me. I kept walking to my room and he followed. When I got into my room I sat on my bed.

"What happened?" Cedric asked.

"I talked to Oliver and told him why I was upset and he was just apologizing."

"Okay? Did you forgive him?"

"Why? He only apologized because he got caught. He wasn't even gonna tell me about it. He only said sorry because he was caught in the act. So excuse me for being mad but I think I have the right to be."

Cedric then moved from the door to Anne's bed and sat directly across from me. "You have to forgive him J."

I opened my mouth to say something but then Ced talked again "-NOT at this moment but when you're ready."

"Am I in the wrong here? Am I overreacting? Because I think I'm handling this situation pretty well." I am mad right now because of this whole thing. I wasn't supposed to know about his and Katie's interaction but I do. That changes a lot because how am I supposed to trust him? How am I supposed to trust he won't lie to me.

Cedric then said "You're not in the wrong but there are always two sides to every story so tell me what just happened."

I groaned "Okay so he said 'Well we wouldn't be in an argument if you just talked to me.' and then I said 'You want me to talk to you? Fine, then talk.' so he said 'I only gave her my jacket because I don't need one of my chasers getting sick. And the secret thing...we do have secrets J, I mean she WAS my best friend so she knows things. The whole thing about not telling you is just so you won't be mad at me.' like what? So then I said 'So lying to me was the best thing to think of? Oliver I am your girlfriend, you can talk to me about things and you need to know that I won't get mad because at the end of the day you are with me. I have trust in you and I like to think you won't do anything to purposefully hurt me. But saying not to tell me and to keep it a secret and I still HEAR it, sounds bad on your part." I was getting fired up again.

"So then he starts to say 'I'm sorry. I was being stupid and wasn't thinking. I'm sorry you heard that part of the conversation and was hurt by it.' he was hugging me while saying that part and I then said 'You're only sorry because you got caught.' and I pulled away and walked."