Prologue: Slowly Closing

Troye swung on the swing, going higher and higher. He laughed as he felt the wind toss his chocolate brown locks, tickling his face.

He heard his father call him, saying that it was time to go home.

As the swing slowed to a stop, Troye hopped off and ran to his father, holding his hand. As they walked down the path, they passed a bench with two men holding hands, chatting about everything and nothing, lights shining in their eyes.

"Disgusting gays" he heard his father mutter, loud enough for the strangers to hear him.

Troye looked at them, seeing they had stopped talking to stare at his father. Their eyes no longer lit up, and their faces looked hurt.

Why had father said that? They weren't doing anything wrong, they just loved each other, just like the way he looked and loved his mother.

As one of the men's eyes caught Troye looking at him, he smiled, so Troye smiled back. The light in his eyes returned.

He felt a sharp tug on his arm, and broke his gaze to look in the eyes of his dad.

"Why did you hurt their feelings daddy?" He asked.

"Because they aren't natural. Two men can't love each other, you hear me? Never befriend one of them because they are disgusting" his father answered.

The boy scrunched up his face in confusion. They just loved each other, what was wrong with that?

Never the less, he listened to his father and walked back home in silence, his mind slowly closing to his father's ways.

A/N Hi. So this is a fanfic I've started to write, any mistakes please tell me. Would love some feedback, so comment and vote please if you like this so far. Don't know what my update schedule will be but I'm going to update soon. So that's all for now (I think) BYE!!.

Jam.