Chapter 16: Who Was He?

Troye's P.O.V.

Pain was all I felt. In my arms, legs and head.

I left myself be for a few minutes. When I summoned my strength I felt a hand move away from my arm. I flinched and tensed up, ready for anything.

"Don't hurt me" I whimpered softly.

"Shush, don't worry, I'll never hurt you" a voice cooed.

My eyes flickered opened, and I was staring up at a ceiling. I wondered where I was. Suddenly, memories flooded through my brain.

I remember blacking out in a park, but how did I get here?

My answer spoke up.

"I carried you here after you fainted. I'll go get some ice for your bruises" he said, the sound of footsteps gradually getting fainter.

I turned my head, wincing slightly, and saw a flash of purple disappearing into what I presumed was the kitchen.

I closed my eyes once again and replayed the previous events.

I froze.

He knew what my father did to me.

Footsteps could be heard, so I looked towards the kitchen entrance.

He walked through. Of course.

Tyler fucking Oakley.

"Here's some ice" he said, handing me an icepack. I reluctantly took it from him, placing it on the worst of the bruises.

I never took my gaze off of him. He seemed hesitant slightly. His feet had turned inwards and his eyes flickered from my face to around the room. His hands were fidgeting by his side.

"Why am I here?" I asked, my voice slightly cracked.

"Well, my house was pretty close and I didn't know where you lived so-" I cut him off.

"No. Why are you helping me? Why bring me here when you could have left me?"

He looked slightly shocked at my question.

"I couldn't just leave you there! You're injured so I helped you" his voice rose slightly.

"But I called you a faggot" I reasoned. He flinched slightly at the word.

But so are you Troye. A rogue thought popped into my head. I instantly squashed it. No I wasn't gay, I had changed my ways. I had learned my lesson.

"I-I don't care" he stumbled slightly.

The air filled with silence once again. I moved the ice pack to a different bruise.

"Who was that man, Troye?" Tyler asked.

My blood ran cold as my panic returned. I can't tell him. He'll call the cops and then I'll have to move.

"No one" I responded.

"He recognized you though" Tyler persisted. Will he not let this drop?

"He was high. He probably mistaked me for someone else" I snapped.

My eyes scanned for a clock, and I found one hanging on the wall. The Roman numerals showed it was 5:20. 40 minutes before he would come home.

"Drive me home" I ordered.

"You're injured-"

"Drive. Me. Home" I growled. My walls had doubled in size, my cold and guarded persona returning.

Tyler stared at me. "Fine."

He made a move to help me, but I stopped him with a glare. I lifted myself up, gritting my teeth in pain. I bared it though.

After all, I've had this life for 6 years now.

I limped to the door, luckily not being across the house.

We got in his car, and he started driving.

"Where do you live?" Tyler asked me.

"Just drop me off at Wallis St" I replied. He opened his mouth to speak, but I challenged it with a look. I was not in the mood to talk.

We arrived at the corner of Wallis St, and I hopped out of the car.

I waited for him to leave, so he didn't know which way I lived.

He looked at me through the windscreen, sighed and drove off.

I limped towards my house, which wasn't far, and opened the door.

The house was silent.

I silently thanked and headed to my room.

I collapsed on the bed, and fell asleep.

One question crossed my mind before I entered my dreams.

Am I gay?

A/N helloooo.

How you doin?

Liking the chapters? Troye is starting to doubt himself...

Comment and vote if you enjoyed it.

Imma go now.

BYE!!!.

Jam.