Chapter 19: One, Two, Three

Tyler's P.O.V.

My last subject was Art.

I sat down at my usual easel, and waited for the teachers instructions.

As she wrote them on the board, I glanced at Troye. He was sitting uncomfortably on the stool, movements making him flinch slightly in pain.

Why did he come to school? He is horribly injured, why can't he see it? And that man. Troye said they didn't know each other, but the recognition on both their faces told otherwise. Too confusing for me to figure out. I'm just going to ask him myself.

I half heartedly painted until the bell went. I packed my things away, and exited the classroom, knowing Troye would have already left.

I wandered out to the school grounds. I looked towards the gates, seeing Troye walking away.

I rushed towards him, falling in to step behind him.

Troye stopped, spinning on his heel to face me. His eyes burned into mine, anger and confusion swirling in them. Yet I detected a bit of fear?

"Stop following me faggot" he spoke, his voice steely and harsh as always.

"Stop calling me a fag. We need to sort things out between us, because we still have six weeks working together." I commanded, crossing my arms and staring him dead in the eye.

"What is there to talk about?"

"One, your opinion on homosexuals, two, why you are so distant all the time and three, why the hell did you come to school today?" I listed, counting them on my fingers.

"Third one, I have to. First one, it's my opinion" he replied.

"Opinions can be wrong. They can be wrong if they are based off of false 'facts'" I quoted.

The sad boy that I messaged had told me this one time, during our late night conversations. We don't talk much anymore.

Troye's P.O.V.

He just said one of my thoughts. I had only told the person that I messaged when I was sad, how could he know? He must of read it somewhere, or thought of it himself.

Are you sure Troye? A little voice said.

"Well what is wrong about it? They're unnatural, they're disgusting" I reasoned.

"No they're not. They were born with it. You can't help it. What if someone you knew and loved was gay?" He argued.

"I'll always love you Troye. I'm still human, I haven't changed."  Her words echoed through my head. I hadn't heard her voice for ages, but I can't fall for her ways.

"They're still disgusting" I muttered, still wondering why I heard her voice,  and began walking home.

Soft thuds on the concrete path could be heard behind me. I spun around, Tyler nearly knocking into me.

"I said stop following me" I half-yelled. I was getting sick of his antics.

"You never answered my second question."

"What second question?"

"Why do you distance yourself from people? Why do you freak out when someone touches you?" He questioned.

"One, that's two questions and two, that's personal." I turned and continued walking home.

Please don't follow me.

"Well of it's personal, maybe we should get to know each other" his voice piped up from behind me.

I rolled my eyes. "Maybe you should leave me alone."