Chapter 27: I Promise it Will

Tyler

As I began to drive back, Troye looked like he had seen a ghost. He stared out the window, thinking and panicking.

"Are you okay there Troye?" I asked.

"Yes" he immediately responded with.

Liar.

I knew better than to pressure him though, not wanting to destroy our measly friendship (if you could even call it that).

Instead, I turned the radio up. A pop song whistled through the speakers, filling the car with a soprano voice and a deep bass. The song carried on, and the repetitive chorus embedded into my brain.

I began to hum along. Soft words slipped out of my mouth. I knew I was flat but I didn't care.

A new voice joined, quiet but noticeable. I glanced to the left and realized that the new voice was Troye.

Oh, how the voice was so smooth and mellow.

When the last chorus was playing, Troye was singing louder.

"You have an amazing voice" I praised when ads replaced the music.

Troye looked out the window, a light blush tinting his cheeks.

The rest of the ride was silent excluding the radio, the tension slowly dissipating.
When I saw Wallis St coming up, I sighed quietly. I parked the car on the curb and faced Troye.

"You shouldn't go back" I spoke up.

"I need to" Troye responded.

"No you don't-"

"Yes I do Tyler, if I don't then things will just get worse. He has connections and methods of getting what he wants."

I huffed.

"You shouldn't go through this any longer. You've suffered enough, don't you think this needs to end?"

"It will. I promise it will"

I looked at him. "How do you know that?"

"I just know. I need to go now, okay?"

"Okay, only if you promise me this. You come sit with me at lunch with your old friends on Monday" I compromised. "They miss you."

"Fine" he eventually sighed. I smiled, but my mood dampened when Troye opened the car door. He waved before spinning on his heel and walking down the path.

I watched him for a bit, before turning the car around and driving back home.

I stepped out the car, locking it before going inside. Silverware could be heard in the kitchen, and I walked in to find my mum washing the dishes.

"Hey sweetie" she said without looking up.

"Hello" I replied, looking in the fridge for something to eat.

"So, who was that boy this morning? Did he sleep over? You guys better not have messed about too much" Mum immediately bombarded me with questions, ending in me giving her a horrified look.

"No Mum! He's just a friend and straight for that matter. Ew!" I exclaimed as I grabbed an apple.

"Just making sure" she returned to the washing up.

My pocket vibrated and I pulled my phone out.

Troyeboy
-Thanks for a great time :)

A wide grin spread across my face and I felt all fuzzy and warm inside.

I glanced up at Mum. She gave me a knowing wink and smile. I rolled my eyes and left for my room, biting into my apple. The smile never left my face.

Troye

I reluctantly got out of the car and stepped onto the path. I gave a slight wave to Tyler and began walking home.

What's going to happen now? Was the first thought that popped into my head. Will I be beat up when I get home or will he leave me alone? Will he explain the presence of the women or leave me in the dark? Will I still even be here by the end of the term?

I sighed as questions ran around my head. When I walked up my driveway, I noticed the car was gone. Good, I get some peace and quiet for awhile.

The front door was unlocked, no surprise there, and the house was silent.

I walked up to my room and put my phone on charge. My room was in the same way it was when I had left. Except for one thing. A note on my desk.

I picked up the crumpled sheet of paper, and began to read.

Troye

I don't know where you've gone or where you are but I don't care.

You have two weeks left from Sunday before you are leaving. She is here.

I shall be less strict on you, but wrong moves have consequences. You can talk to people at school, but good luck on not getting too attached before you have to go.

Don't try to run away either, I have connections.

Your Father

I scrunched the piece of paper up and threw it across the room. Anger boiled inside of me.

How could he do this? How could he control my life and ban me from my freedom.

I laid back on the bed. The anger was washed away by sadness. I won't be able to escape.

I decided to enjoy the small freedom I had.

I grabbed my phone and scrolled to Tyler's contact. As I did, I read all of the other contacts. Jim, Caspar, Louise and others. I kept them after all these years.

I remembered my promise I made to Tyler, and I was going to keep it.

I text Tyler something small but meaningful.

To Tyler
-Thanks for a great time :)

I sent it and put my phone away.

I decided to sleep, my limbs feeling heavy.

Sleep washed over me and dreams replaced reality.

A/N
Hulllloooo!

Yay I (kinda) kept to my updating schedule!

I'm pretty happy with this chapter. The drama just never stops haha. The next chapters most likely will have some happy things.

Who do you think 'She' is from the letter? Who do you think the women are from the beach?

My brother had this party last night with his drunk friends and I pretty much was cooped up in my room. So antisocial.

We've also been having weird weather here, like one minute it's raining and the sky is grey, but then the Suns out and it's blue skies everywhere. Strange.

Comment and vote if you enjoyed.

Imma go now.

BYE!!!.

Jam.