Chapter 21: Like Hell He Was

Tyler's P.O.V.

I cruised through the streets, going slightly over the speed limit.

I just couldn't wrap my head around how it was Troye that I had messaged all these times.

How is he gonna take me picking him up, if he hates me? Oh well, we're just gonna find out.

As I pulled on to the street, my lights danced over a broken figure leaning against the pole.

I slowed the car, and unlocked the side door.

The figure limped towards the car, wincing in pain. They opened the car door, slid inside and shut the door.

I drove off back the way I came, the car ride silent.

As I pulled into my driveway, I turned and faced Troye.

"Thank you" he croaked. God, what happened to him?

"No problem. Now come on, we need to get some ice" I responded, getting out of the car.

As I walked to the other side of the car, the door opened, and Troye emerged.

"Tyler?" He said, as of he couldn't believe it was me. I did write my name on the sticky note.

"Yeah, surprise. Now come on, any longer and those bruises are going to get worse" I replied. I was going to answer questions later, we needed to tend to his injuries.

He nodded quickly, still looking confused.

I made a move to support him, but he shook his head.

"I hurt too much, you'll just make it worse" he mumbled, but I had a feeling he was telling only half the truth.

I walked beside him as we made our way towards the front door. I opened the door, flicking the lights for the living room on.

"Where's your parents?" Troye asked as he carefully sat on the couch.

I walked in the kitchen grabbing some ice packs. "My mum works until 5 in the morning" I called over my shoulder.

I returned from the kitchen, handing Troye the ice. I sat across from him, on the floral sofa.

"So you're the person I've been talking to these past weeks? The person that I hated because of their sexuality, was the one I was telling all my problems to."

I couldn't help but notice the past tense on hated. 

He opened one of his eyes, looking at me, and sighed.

"You want to know what happened, don't you?" He sounded so tired and so done with everything.

"I get a call in the middle of the night and I rock up, seeing you battered and torn when only a day before you had been beaten up. Yeah pretty much" I replied. I couldn't help the slight aggressive tone in my voice. I was just sick of having questions with no answers.

A minute passed before he spoke.

"I'll answer your second question from today." Troye said.

"The first day we met, when you grabbed me and I ran off. You know what happened?" He kept going, not waiting for an answer. "I ran into the toilets and locked myself in a stall, crying." He laughed, the noise empty and hollow.

"I then triggered myself, causing a flashback. That's why I don't let anyone touch me. " A shudder passed through him as he closed his eye. "I heard someone call out to me. It was you. I didn't want anyone to know it was me, I didn't want help or pity, so I turned you away. When you left, and I saw the sticky note, I thought I might as well talk to someone to get through my life."

"So you didn't know it was me?" I butted in, curious.

"Nope. I just thought it was someone in the younger classes, otherwise I would never have texted you" he replied.

"But I wrote my name" I said.

"I had only met you once, and I've never heard anyone call you Ty" Troye countered.

"So, I began talking to you whenever he injured me" he spat the pronoun with disgust.

"Who's he?" I asked. I wanted answers badly.

He hesitated for the first time tonight.

"He was the one who taught me to hate gays. He was the one who told me there is no higher being. He was the one who forced his ways onto me. He was the one who drove her away. He was the one to close my mind to the truth" Troye chanted.

He opened his eyes, staring at the ceiling, lost in his past.

"Who is he? How does he relate to you?" I pressed. I hoped he doesn't give me another riddle.

Troye shaked his head, wincing slightly at the pain.

"He doesn't deserve to be related to me, after all he has done to me."

I waited, hoping for more information.

"Do you remember that guy that bashed me up yesterday?"

I nodded.

"I told you I didn't know him. I was lying" he stated.

"He lives with me, so that is what I think my relation with him is."

"Although" he paused.

"Some would say he was my father." He laughed suddenly, borderline insane. "Like hell he was."

A/N HELLO! So this one took a little longer to write, but hopefully it was worth it!

I got a question for yall. Do you guys prefer reading long, detailed paragraphs or short quick paragraphs?

I personally like short ones, hence my writing, because they are easy to read and I don't quick read and miss information. Idk you tell me guys.

It's Autumn!! Or spring for you northern hemispherins. Australia, which is where i live, just had summer, so now we will be getting all de rains from the clouds!

Second question, what's your favourite season? I like spring.

Imma go now.

BYE!!!

Jam.