Chapter 47: Please Stay

So apparently this chapter actually wasnt showing up so lets hope it works this time.

Troye

Everyone left me alone after Zoe's tears began to stop and she could complete a full sentence without hiccuping. The door closed and I began to think. I didn't know what I was thinking, all that I knew was that I thought and thought.

And when I could no longer process anything. I fell asleep.

Many people believe that everything was a dream after they wake up after receiving devastating news. That wasn't true to me.

Despite not having seen actual proof of Tyler's death, I knew it was real. Zoe's tears were real, her soft arms around my neck were still imprinted. My tears had been burned into my cheeks.
It was sometime late morning when there was a knock at the door. I was sketching, pencil and paper they let me have to keep me occupied. I looked up at the sound. There was a pause before a nurse opened it, eyes crinkled and a soft smile on her lips.

"You have a guest" was all she said. I nodded in response.

She stepped to the side and a woman entered, a small girl attached to her hand. All I could do was stare, barely noticing that the nurse had left. Brown hair, highlights shining in the sunlight, and eyes mirroring my own. How could I forget them?

"Troye" she murmured, a hand covering her mouth. Her eyes welled up, and she let go of her child's hand to rush up to me and envelope me into a hug, a slight crackle of paper as she did.

"Mum?" I whispered.

I hestitantly wrapped my arms around her, shocked at everything that was going on. But she still smelled of apple and cinnamon and her hugs were tight and warm.

"Mum" I whispered again, this time with more confirmation. My grip tightened and I felt a rush of tears and relief.

Her body also began to shudder, and I felt her tears dampen my back. I squeezed tightly, never wanting to forget this feeling.

We stayed like that for awhile until she eventually pulled away. She let her hands rest on my shoulders, rubbing comforting circles.

"I've missed you so much" she said through a small hiccup. I nodded, having nothing to say. Something moved and I glanced behind her, seeing the small girl. Mum noticed and turned around. A fond smile on her face as she kneeled down and opened out her arms.

"Come here, don't be shy." Mum called. The little took a hesitant step forward, before rushing into her arms and was hoisted up.

"This is your younger sister, Sage." Mum explained, and she placed a gentle kiss on Sage's cheek.

A sister. She was my sister, related by blood.

Only then did it occur to me that during the time mum had lost custody of me, she had found someone else, began a new life, started a new family. But she came back to me, still considering me as her son.

I completely broke down, tears burning lines into my cheeks. I gripped onto her shirt. Holding on as if she would just drift away again if I let go. Holding on as if I would drift away.

"Please. Please don't leave me again. Stay here" I pleaded, words overflowing.

As I continued to sob, a hand ran through my hair, gentle and soothing. A soft kiss amongst my curls.

Slowly, my sobs died down, and I pulled away. Sore, white knuckles letting go of the fabric and dropping by my sides. I wiped at my eyes. Mum sat down on one of the chairs, still holding on to Sage. She passed me some tissues and I gratefully accepted them.

Mum spoke up first.

"It's been awhile hasn't it?" I didnt respond. She continued. "When I lost you... it was the worst thing. Knowing you were stuck with that monster made me feel like I had done something wrong, that I had failed as a mother. Somehow, I gradually stopped wallowing in sadness, and after a few years, I found someone and, yeah."

She took in a deep breath, shuddering. "Yet, suddenly hearing you had been in a crash and not knowing whether you were dead or alive.

"But I can see you now. And I'm so grateful. So, so very grateful, that you are alive and not in grave danger anymore from him."

I mulled over her words.

"What happened to him?"

"Your, father?" It was painful for her to speak the undeserving label.

"Because of the crash, he's passed away now."

I gaped in shock. I wasn't sure what to feel. Whether to rejoice or cry. To feel sad or relieved that I was finally rid of him.

My heart pounded and squeezed tightly in my chest. I grasped at my chest, twisting the fabric. My throat was feeling tight and heavy as the thought pierced me.

Because of me, two people had died.

A/N
Well, it's been awhile.
This chapter was filled with a few happy moments, though I dont know how happy the ending was.

Anyway, happy birthday to my best friend L3ttuc3 who thanks to her mild death threats, I managed to get this chapter out. She's put constant chapters out on her story for the past week, and its pretttty good. So, check it out ;)

I think that's all for now, so lets see when the next chapter comes out.

BYE!!.

Jam.