Chapter 40: Stop Being A Teenager

Troye

Wednesday. Four more days.

I stared out the window in human bio, watching the beams of light spiral towards the ground. A tree obscured half the view, but the engraved scrolls and wrinkles in it made up for it. I could see two beetles make their way up, pausing and turning to the way they see fit. At least they had freedom. A wind brushed through the branches, leaves tossing and tumbling -

"Troye, that is the third time I've asked you the question" the teacher's voice broke my daze, my head snapping towards him.

"Sorry, sir." I sheepishly muttered.

"Can you repeat what I've been saying?"

"No..."

The teacher sighed, staring at me with an almost disappointed look. It was most likely pity.

"Can you wait outside please?" He asked, pointing to the door.

I silently stood up, ignoring the soft giggles in the class. I grabbed my bag and left the classroom. A minute, two minutes passed before the teacher joined me in the silent hallway.

"Troye is everything alright? At school, home, friends?" The teacher inquired. He stared at me, studying my face.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I've just had an increase in homework, so I've had late nights. But I'm good today." I lied. It came out so smoothly and naturally that I almost didn't feel bad.

He still looked sceptical though. He paused for a moment, before nodding. "Alright then. Try to get a few hours of sleep tonight and try and pay attention in class."

I nodded once, re-entering the classroom, ignoring the looks I received.

The truth was was that I has been getting lectures from both Marzia's mother and my father. The rules they had been listing and orders were wearing me down. The list was essentially stripping me of my human rights until I was a slave to my father, dutifully following his commands with no question.

I was now less than human.

The bell went, and I packed my things away. Ignoring the pitiful stare from the teacher, I walked out.

The rest of the day was a blur. I was in a daydream during lessons and even distant during break. My friends knew something was wrong, but what they wouldn't be able to tell. Tyler most likely had an idea, but that was only a presumption to him.

Of course I couldn't and didn't escape Tyler's interrogation after school, as once I walked past the exit to school, he appeared right beside me.

"What's bothering you, Troyeboy? And don't you fucking dare say nothing" he added, sternly staring me down.

"Just stuff at home" I replied, only vaguely answering his question.

He rolled his eyes, sighing dramatically. "That doesn't answer my question."

I stayed quiet, continuing to walk.

"Anyway let's go somewhere!" He bounded around me, eyes shining and crinkled at the edges complemented with a wide smile.

"Where to?"

He paused, a finger on his chin and a pondering look on his face. He clicked his fingers, an excited grin now possessing his face.

In under 5 seconds Tyler had made 3 different emotions flicker across his face.

"Let's go to the park !" He exclaimed. I ignored the strange looks at Tyler's outburst.

"And what are we going to do there?"

"Whatever you do at the park. Swings, look at ducks, explore... " he listed.

I couldn't help agreeing. A shout of joy bubbled out of Tyler, high giggles following suit. Why is your happiness so contagious, Tyler?

We walked to the nearest parkland, which was only 2 minutes away. It had a playground and a lake, ducks milling around the place. Large trees provided shade, useful for the quite warm and humid day it was.

"So where are we going first?" I asked, scanning the area.

"The playground of course!" He shouted once again. He ran towards the swings, ditching his bag at the edge of the sandpit. I walked, knowing my physical state wouldn't allow too much exercise.

When I reached the edge of the sand, Tyler had already started swinging, giggling all the way.

"Am I really getting on?" I asked, shifting my weight on one foot and looking sceptical at the free swing.

"Ugh, don't be such a teenager and get on it" Tyler pestered.

I grumbled and stubbornly walked to the swing. I sat and did nothing, knowing it would anger Tyler. Once he finally noticed, he slowed and jumped off the swing.

Jabbing a finger at me he said, "Troye, stop being a little shit and swing otherwise I'll push you."

"Okay then, push me" I taunted.

The sand could be heard crunching loudly as Tyler marched behind me and grabbed onto the metal chains. He pulled me back and let go. The swing didn't go as high as I was expecting it to. I yelped as I felt two hands push my back forward, sending me flying. Though once the terror passed, I began to laugh. Tyler stopped pushing me, though I could still hear his chuckles.

I twisted my back to face him, a huge beam spread across my face.

"I told you to stop being a teenager."

"I'm glad you did."

Somehow his grin widened. Suddenly, he bounded out the sand pit, snatching his bag off the grass.

"Now let's explore." He stated, hands on hips.

I shook my head and stomped my way out of the sand, grabbing just bag. "You're such a child Tyler."

"Hey!" He cried, lightly slapping my arm in response.

We walked along the path, passing two girls on the bench. I saw them glance at us before whispering not so quietly to each other.

"Look, it's a gay couple" the blonde haired girl whispered.

I tensed, knowing it was not going to be a good comment. I began to think of all the comments they could say. My jaw clenched.

"Yeah, they're so cute. I wish my boyfriend and I could be that cute." the other girl responded.

I nearly stumbled at the unexpected response. They didn't say anything negative. They didn't say any homophobic slurs. They weren't homophobic.

They. Weren't. Homophobic.

It was a shock to hear someone I didn't know be kind and accepting. Even though Tyler and I weren't dating, they still accepted it.

"What's got you so shocked?" Tyler inquired.

I blinked, remembering where I was. "Oh nothing. I'm fine."

"'You sure?"

I smiled, glancing at Tyler.

"Yeah, I'm good."

I could say it with confidence this time.

A/N
Hi? Do you even remember me? Probably not.

Mmm, new update. I actually like majority of it.
I need to finish my English and arts homework rn. English = a manga I'm doing with Maggie which is pretty cool. She's an awesome drawer so it works out well. Arts = this movie storyboard.
Yay.

Oscars hotel came out. Didn't preorder .
Sexy endscreen dance and draw Phil naked gone. They had a good run.

It's nearly Halloween.

Stay spoopy.

JAM. <333 (icecream love)