Chapter 23: Toast

Tyler's P.O.V.

I laid in my bed, awake, watching the fan slowly turn. My mind replayed the conversation Troye and I had.

The things he told me shocked me, to say the least. To think, that all these years, he's had to put up with this, no one ever realizing. How he travelled to school with brusies covering him, only covered by cloth. How he panicked when someone just brushed past him. All because of one man.

One man that wanted power over those that loved him and looked up to him. Wanting control over those too naive to realize his manipulated ways.

I needed to help Troye. But how?

I stayed up until the early hours of morning, thinking of ways to show Troye the light.

Sleep began to wash over me. I had a vague plan, but it was still a plan.

I woke up at 8am. I did my morning stretches and got changed quickly. Slowly tiptoeing out into the lounge room, I spotted Troye snuggled up in the blanket I gave him last night.

His mouth was slightly open, soft breaths escaping. Eyes closed, long eyelashes brushing against his skin. His nose crinkled every so often. Hair drooping over his forehead, the gel no longer sticking.

Troye looked adorable.

I shook my head at that thought. No matter how cute Troye looked, I had to stick to my plan. Feelings can't get in the way.

I quietly walked into the kitchen. I got out the toaster and Nutella.

My mind wandered back to the first time Troye and I went to Starbucks. How he told me he couldn't live without Nutella. Each time we went to the cafe, he would order that same drink. Always drinking the coffee first and then scooping out the cream and chocolate spread. His face would stay expressionless, but his eyes would twinkle whenever he ordered the drink.

I smiled, knowing that he still experienced little joys in life.

My smile then turned upside down as I remembered the horrors he's been put through.

The two pieces of toast that I can't remember putting in popped out of the toaster, I placed them on a plate. I grabbed the knife and spread Nutella over the bread.

I placed two more pieces of bread in the toaster, and after popping out, coated butter over them.

I turned around to wake Troye, stumbling back in surprise when I saw him leaning against the doorway. He was watching me, face unreadable.

"Wha-Oh, uh, hi Troye. I made you some toast with Nutella on it" I muttered inclining my head towards the plate on the counter.

"What made you think I wanted Nutella?" He asked.

My stomach dropped in realization.

Of course Tyler, you should've asked first before going ahead and doing it.

"I just thought, since you said you couldn't live without Nutella..." I trailed off, looking down at the tiles.

"Thank you" Troye said softly. His voice wasn't cold like the first time I met him, nor was it broken like last night. It had a warm tone to it.

I looked up at him as he walked past me grabbing the plate with slight hesitation.

His lips tugged up slightly. He moved past me again and sat on the counter.

I followed and sat near him, not wanting to invade his personal space.

We ate in silence, the only sound being the crunch as we took bites.

I finished, and waited for Troye to finish before placing the plates in the sink.

I sat back down in my seat, an uncomfortable silence settling over us.

"Thanks for helping me, but I'm going to go now" Troye stated, getting up. His voice had returned to its guarded state.

I quickly stood up, blocking his path to the door. His face looked at me curiously and cautiously.

A mischievous smile flashed on to my lips. Mirth flashing in my eyes.

"I've got something planned today" I claimed, grinning.

A/N eehhh,  new chapter.
Omg guys, 500 reads???!!! Wahhh,  thank you so much! Never knew this many people would want to read my story :)....

Anyway, enough celebration (thanks again) what's been happening in my life, hmm....

I did horseriding for the first time since last year, couldn't feel my legs after. Haha

Comment and vote if you enjoyed this chapter.

Imma go now.

BYE!!!.

Jam.