Chapter 32: Future

Troye.

I arrived back home, clothes and skin layered in rain.

I went straight to my room, changing out of my wet clothes. I put on sweats and a shirt.

As I entered the kitchen, I saw a figure in the lounge room. If he was at home, sober, he had something to tell me.

He stood up. Knowing he can't hurt me for now, I shouldn't be afraid of him. Yet I still was.

"I have some news for you" he began. "Better cancel any plans on Friday after school, 'cause you're meeting her then."

And just like that, he walked out of the house, into the pouring rain. I was left alone.

"Shit" I muttered.

My stomach felt heavy, and I lost my appetite.

------

When I left for school, a light rain was sweeping through the streets. It wasn't heavy enough for an umbrella, but enough to make your clothes damp.

As I walked through the gates, I noticed that there were only a few people standing in the courtyard. Even fewer were huddled under umbrellas.

Wanting to escape the cold, I rushed inside. When I opened the doors, I was greeted by a warm breeze.

I roamed the halls, trying to find where Tyler and everyone else was. I finally saw them near the staircase, in one big circle.

"Hi" I said as I arrived near them, squeezing into the circle.

There was a few replies back, continuing on with whatever they were talking about.

I spoke up a few times, but the conversation wasn't in my interests. I preferred to watch how people spoke, watching how they use their hands to express themselves and accentuate their words when need be.

I noticed it with Tyler the most. I wasn't staring at him longer or focusing on him solely. It was just that he was one of the few to talk more, one to express himself through words and gestures. He wore is heart on his sleeve.

Eventually, the bell rang. I plodded beside Marcus and Tyler, continuing the conversation.

------

"What jobs do you guys want to do?" Tanya asked as she bit into her apple.

"I want to do something with beauty" Zoe replied instantly.

"Yeah, I do as well. I want to wear different make up to make me pretty" Tanya said dreamily.

"You're already pretty" Jim said.

A light blush settled on his girlfriends cheeks.

"I want to travel the world" Connor said.

"I wish I could" I muttered, instantly regretting it.

"Why can't you?" Tyler asked.

"Uh, cause, money issues. Yeah, I don't have a job" I stuttered.

Tyler furrowed his brow, but didn't question it further.

I can't let them know. I can't tell them what's happening.

Others said what they wanted to do, but most of us having no clue.

I decided to stay quiet, wallowing in ideas of the future. No one seemed to notice my silence. Of course, that's what they've grown to known me as.

"Who wants to go to the movies today?" Jim exclaimed, nearly jumping out of his seat. "They have a new Avengers I want to see."

Do they always plan things like these every week?

"I've got plans, sorry" I confessed, trailing off.

"Oh, that's fine, you can join us another time" Jim replied, an easy going tone to his words, making me feel even guiltier.

As I finished my lunch, everyone spoke about their favourite character.

The Bell went, and we all went our separate ways.

I entered the classroom. My phone vibrated.

Can you tell me what your doing today? - Tyler.

I had some explaining to do.

A/N Okay okay, I'm back.

Yup, another late chapter. You can throw your missiles at me as well cause it's really short and there was horrible dialogue.

Here's the excuse:
I've started another story on another account.
MaimeCollab
It's with my friend Maggie aka L3ttuc3 and it's youtuber one shots with hogwarts. The intro is out and first one is nearly complete.
Story's called
Hogtube

Also, I'm pretty sure next chapter ill be revealing a few answers to the mysteries of the story. If im not feeling evil >:)

Okay, I'm gonna stop rambling.

Imma go now,
BYE!!!.

Jam.