Chapter 20: Flower Of Truth

Troye's P.O.V. (trigger mentions of abuse)

As he walked away from me, I could hear him chuckle darkly.

This was the most pain he had ever put me through. In the past, it would normally be a few blows, maybe my vision spinning in pain.

That was when he was sober.

When he's drunk, I would sometimes pass out from a missed punched, or get a bloodied nose.

But this time, it was horrendous. I had a bloodied nose, and my mouth had started bleeding when I had bit on it too hard. My limbs were numb, my head and stomach feeling like they had collapsed.

I'm beginning to question his ways. When he first started beating me, he would say that many kids have it happen to them, as a way to punish them, so I would believe that. Yet, when he beat me drunk, he would say it was my fault, my fault for changing her. Who her is, I have no clue.

He has also told me, or force me to learn, that there is no God. That there is no heaven or hell,  no higher order that determines life or death of mankind.

Honestly, he's been forcing his views on me. His opinion. His rules. Where's my opinions? My experiences?

Maybe I should rethink everything he's told me.

You can't help it. You're born with it.

Maybe Tyler was right. Maybe gays,  lesbians and all that are actually fine, not natural or anything horrid.

I'm still human. Her voice repeated in my head. I think she's right.

I wonder where she is right now? Is she happily living, forgetting her past and what happened in this house. She never heard the names she was called after she left. That was around the time he began hitting me.

Is that why? Is that why he hits me? Because he doesn't want me like her?

It is.

You're born with it.

Maybe all the beatings he has given me, all the poisonous words he spat at me, just killed the flower of truth in my mind. Yet he hadn't killed the stalk. A new bud slowly growing as my mind opens, letting the light shine in the dark areas of denial.

I can't let him kill this new flower. I have to grow in a new garden.

But I don't have anyone.

I heard a slight bling. My phone going off for another game notification, and realisation struck me.

Somehow, I smiled, even though my muscles screamed in pain.

I slowly moved my arms, then legs, and crawled towards my room. Lightning shook through my body each time I moved a joint. Yet I ignored it, knowing that I'm getting help.

What if he doesn't want to help you? Maybe that's why he hasn't contacted you, because he hates you.

The little voice spoke, but I ignored it. I had to stay confident.

As I grabbed my phone from my bed,  I scrolled through my messages. I tapped the name, Helpful Boy, took a deep breath, pressed call, and released the breath.

Ring

He's not gonna pick up.

Ring.

Yes he will.

Ring

See, he won't

Just wait.

Rin - "Hello?" A groggy voice called. He must've been sleeping, since it was 9pm.

"Go to Wallis St. I need help" my voice rasped. I could barely tell it was mine.

I hung up, knowing I was going to need time to get there.

I grabbed my wallet and phone, shoving them in my pocket, gritted my teeth, and slowly stood up.

I slowly limped out of my room, still being quiet as he could come out any second.

I opened the front door, and began the long journey towards the sign post.

Tyler's P.O.V.

I woke up to my phone ringing. I looked at the number, seeing it was from Sad Boy. He said he wanted to keep his identity secret, so this must've been urgent.

"Hello?" I mumbled when I pressed answer.

"Go to Wallis St. I need help" the voice croaked back. His voice cracked and broken, similiar as to when I heard him the first day of school, but worse.

He hung up, and I shot out of bed. I grabbed my phone and keys, knowing this was extremely important.

My mum worked late at night, so she wasn't home till the early morning.

I unlocked the car, jabbing the keys into the ignition.

As I sped down the empty street, my head replayed the broken voice, trying to fathom how it was him.

For the voice was Troye's.

A/N Hia!! Wow, didn't expect it to be Troye did ya? Haha I'm not good at surprises....

So the plot begins to unwrap. How did you guys like that little poetic thing I wrote about the flower. Pretty surprised about that. That's what happens when you let your mind wander at 10:30 at night.

I know I said I probably needed more time to write these chapters, but after writing the first few paragraphs of last chapterI've just been inspired. The next chapter is most likely going to take two days, trying to figure out what they say, if they meet.

Comment and vote if you enjoyed it!

Imma go now.

BYE!!!.

Jam.