Chapter 31: Raindrops

Tyler

Caspar better not be a fucking idiot today.

I never got the chance to see Troye after school yesterday. He seemed so out of it and spacey that I wouldn't be surprised if he had disappeared.

The usual cerulean sky had shifted into a dreary grey, storm clouds collecting above us. A light, but icy, wind had picked up.

It was going to rain today.

But I felt like I could risk my luck and skip driving to school. Even if I did drive, I would've been nearly half an hour early, and who would want to do that with rampaging, hormonal teenagers?

Not this guy.

When I arrived at school, I saw a few of my friends at our usual spot, so I wandered over to them.

"Hey" I greeted, squeezing in next to Jim and Louise.

A few responded back,

"I heard that there are these-oh hey Tyler- two girls, a year younger, going out" Zoe gossiped. "And there might also be those two 'emo' guys going out. There are a lot of gay couples, aren't there?"

"So, what about you Tyler? Still got your eye on Troye" Marcus hinted, wiggling his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes.

"Literally, stop" I replied, avoiding the question.

"Oh, and speaking about Troye, here he is now" Jim piped up.

Troye had just walked through the gates, making his way towards the school doors.

"Troye!" Jim called.

The mentioned boy looked up, searching for whoever called his name. When his eyes finally saw us, he nodded. Steering his feet towards us, Troye strutted up to us.

"Heya" I said to Troye, flashing a wide smile.

He responded with a smile, big enough to flash pearly white teeth. The best part was that it wasn't forced.

"You should smile with your teeth often, it's cute" I blurted out.

A light blush creeped up his cheeks, tinting them a light red. I knew my face had mirrored his as well.

When I turned back to the group, Louise was staring at me, a knowing glint flickering in her eyes. My blush deepened, and I focused on the conversation.

The Bell droned through the P.A., signalling the start of classes.

I strolled with Zoe towards history, preparing to learn about things I won't need to know.

Just before turning the corner, I sneaked a glance at Troye, in a totally non-stalkerish way, and saw him making small talk with Alfie.

I breezed into the history room and sat down, grabbing out my notebook.

"Alright, let's do this" I mumbled to myself as the teacher rushed in.

------

My classes rolled by until it was lunch.

I sat down at our usual table, joining Joe and Connor. I was hungrier than normal so I skipped conversation and went straight to food. Cause, food.

The others joined us eventually, the chatter growing louder with each addition.

Surprisingly, Troye joined us at his own terms. As he sat down, I caught Caspar's eyes, giving him the death stare. He quickly averted his gaze, leaning lower in his seat.