Chapter 2: Masking the Emotions

Troye stared at the new boy. He had an interesting but bright haircut, lavender hair shaped in a perfect quiff. Glasses framed his face, blue eyes with specks of green, seeming to bright the room up. His huge smile blossomed on his face, a rosy tint on his cheeks.

Troye studied the boy, then went back to his drawing. Yet Tyler lingered in his thoughts, before Troye cleared his mind.

Tyler spoke for 5 seconds, probably speaking about himself.

Then-

"Well, thank you Tyler, you can sit down next to Troye."

Troye froze. No one sits next to him.

He heard footsteps coming towards him, closer and closer.

The teacher kept rambling,  not seeing the disaster that Troye saw.

Realising his drawing was still opened, he quickly shuffled to shut his book, but a voice stopped him.

"Wow. You're a really good drawer" Tyler praised.

Troye stiffened up, slammed his sketch pad shut, shoving it into his bag. He focused his gaze on the teacher, ignoring the boy next to him that looked his way more than the teacher.

Did he see my drawing? Why does he keep looking at me? Why doesn't he leave me alone? Oh no, he saw the picture didn't he? These thoughts swirled around his head, blocking at the instructions his teacher said. His breathing became erratic,  eyes unfocused.

He closed his eyes, steadying his breathing, and blocked his thoughts. He muted his emotions and put on a blank mask, his usual face.

The teacher said something about reading a book and an easy day, setting out a selection of books.

Everyone got up to get one, but Troye waited until there were only three books.

As he sat down to read, he focused on the book, not realising Tyler barely turned a page, just focusing on Troye's features.

When the bell rang, Troye packed his things away, and held the book he was reading, waiting for everyone to clear the classroom. But of course he had to speak to Troye.

"Do you want me to take your book up for you?" Tyler asked.

Troye looked up at Tyler's cheerfulness,  in contrast to his own abyss of emptiness. He stared into Tyler's eyes, trying to seem calm yet inside he was shaking with fear.

"No, I'm fine" Troye replied.

"Okay then" Tyler shrugged, his brow furrowing at the monotone of Troye voice.

Noticing no one left in the classroom, Troye got up and began to walk away.

He heard Tyler's voice call his name but ignored it.

One foot through the door, a hand grabbed his arm.

Troye's eyes widened, turning and facing Tyler. The colour drained from his face, his breath coming to a stop, his blood frozen, his heart beating loudly in his ears.

Tyler immediately let go of his arms. His bubbly personality turned into a panicked, worried mess.

"Oh my god, are you okay? I'm sorry. I thought you didn't hear me! Oh I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" Tyler spluttered.

Troye just stared at him, before his eyes refocused and he ran out of the room,  not caring that the halls were still full with students.

A/N Hi. So, third chapter today eh? enjoying the story? I only have a plan for the next 2, 3 chapters so this is a freestyle story (kinda...). Idk, whatever. Comment and vote if you're enjoying the story. I'll probably update this story every day or two.
BYE!!!.

Jam.