Chapter 35: Safe of Secrets

Troye

Maybe I am.

I think so.

Tyler

My leg bounced up and down as I listened to the recent party Caspar went to last night. I don't know who went to parties on a Thursday night, but apparently it's the latest fad.

"Oh man, it was amazing! There were all these girls in like, barely any clothes and they were just dancing like everywhere you looked. Oh my god, it was heaven!" Caspar sighed as he reminisced.

I rolled my eyes, and so did others, when he had finally finished his recount. 

I looked at our group, still waiting for Troye to arrive. Why did he have to take so long? I sighed, my gaze landing on Zoe. She gave me a small smirk and a wink. I looked away knowing what she was thinking.

I finally saw him walk through the gates, cool and collected it seemed like.

"How'd it go?" I asked as he arrived, lowering my voice so others wouldn't hear me.

"Tell you later" was all he replied with.

~~~

"-And the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell" the teacher droned as the bell went, a collective sigh sounding.

I stuffed my books into my bag, escaping the classroom quickly. Classroom doors opened, and students filed our left, right and centre. I was so glad that my class was so close to the entrance.

Of course, Troye was already outside waiting.

"How are you always out so early?" I asked him as we walked out of the grounds.

"I have my ways" he replied.

Always so mysterious.

"Okay then... Do you wanna go to our usual Starbucks?" I said, getting a nod in return.

We fell into step with each other. It seemed to be an often occurrence, walking together and letting silence speak.

Walking into the store was like being wrapped up in a warm blanket that had been soaked in coffee. It was wonderful.
I told Troye to go sit down, and ordered both our drinks.

His book was already opened, page half filled with words and scribbles. I placed his drink in front of him, and got my note book out as well.

"What happened first?" I asked. I didn't even need to specify what I was talking about.

"I got home, then we drove to a cottage,  like, 20 minutes away" he mumbled, eyes focused on page.

"Wait, I thought you were moving?"

"I am. I'm moving to England, in about a week now."

Troye's moving to England? That's so far away though...

"So what does this cottage have to do with any of that?"

He finally looked up, dropped his pen and rested his arms on the table.

"It's this rental place, like a holiday house. And this mother and daughter were there, from Italy or France, who helped my father make plans for everything."

"Why are they needed? I mean, why doesn't he do it by himself?"

"Because they are a part of this whole plan."

"You're leaving me in the dark here. What's this whole plan?"

"I have an arranged marriage with the girl. I'm moving so no one can track me down, and so no one knows who my father is."

How many secrets does this boy have? And how many is he going to reveal to me?

"Fucking hell, you must've fucked up somewhere in your past life to have this happen to you. Wait, what has your father done in order that he needs to escape the country to get rid of any trace of him?" I exclaimed.

"Drugs mainly" Troye sighed, "he has a lot of debts and is in the bad books of some. Nothing too bad, no deaths involved."

"How are you so nonchalant about all this stuff?"

"It seems that in the last week I have learnt and heard about things that I shouldn't know, that I've just become immune to it."

I leaned back in my chair, hands covering my face. Slowly exhaling, I gathered my thoughts.

"What did you talk about yesterday?"

"Money mainly. I honestly wasn't paying attention half the time. Focusing solely on how the girl next to me sat rigid and shared the same thoughts as me."

"That's all they talked about?"

"Yeah. You know we should probably start doing the story, since I won't be here for much longer." He seemed to smile at his words, yet I just cringed.

I followed his cue of picking his pen up. We spent the rest of our half hour writing, sprinkles of light talk scattered amongst the duration.

When we parted ways, I shook my head. Hands stuffed in pockets, I shuffled along into my house.

How did I get affiliated with the cute boy with a safe of secrets inside him?

Troye

I know I am.

A/N
"Oh yeah I'm gonna update soon"
Oh quit lying Jam, that ain't true.
Here have an update a week later.
Note: don't 100% believe my promises, they're likely empty.

So I hope you guys liked that chapter, wrote the beginning on TWO buses. It's also exactly 800 words so yay.

A lot of things happened since I updated a decent chapter, what a month ago? So any major events like Troye's birthday, Dan (and Maggie who shares same birthday) birthday, America and #LoveWins (Yay!), Fourth of July (even though I'm aussie....) anything else include it here. Oh I also got Connors book, good read. A Work in Progress, read it.

Also ignore that 'thoughts' chapter, I'll leave it up just cause

Thanks for 5k reads, you're actually reading this story? Why??

I've finished 1st semester of school as well, haven't got grades yet.

I'll stop yapping now.

Imma go now
BYE!!!.
Jam.