Chapter 37: Movies

Tyler

Jim was the one to suggest it. Of course, he's the one who normally suggests these social events. Everyone in our group was invited to go see a movie I hadn't bothered to see the trailer or know the plot for.

Black jeans and a navy blue button up were my choice outfit for the day. I called out a goodbye to my mother, grabbing my keys along the way.

The cinema was a 20 minute drive from my house. Music, particularly Lady Gaga, keeping me company during the ride.

"So is everyone here?" I asked, ticking names off in my head of who was here or not.

"Uh, we're still waiting on Caspar and Troye" Jim confirmed for me. I looked at him, slightly confused.

"Troye is going with us as well?"

"Yeah. He said he would come along when I asked him."

I nodded, feeling slightly more cheerful.

They arrived two minutes later, conversing to each other about something.

"Took you guys long enough" Zoe exclaimed.

"Sorry, Miss i-like-to-be-one-hour-early" Caspar retorted.

"Watch it" Zoe glared.

"He's kinda right" Alfie agreed, shrinking when the death glare was turned on him, hands held up in defence.

We lined up to get our tickets. It was a bonus, being early, since the line was nearly non-existent.

We still had 15 minutes until the movie began, so most of us waited around. A few of our group went to the claw machines.

Troye was silent, listening to the others talking. Marcus was talking about the latest football match, something I unfortunately missed.

I looked towards Troye, knowing he wasn't interested in sport at all. He was staring past Marcus, watching a girl with long ombre hair. She was definitely pretty, but she was talking to a boy who looked like her boyfriend. Troye's face was filled with recognition, possibly even with a bit of shyness.

"You checking that chick out over there?" I asked Troye.

His head snapped towards me, blushing furiously and eyes wide. "N-no" he stuttered. He glanced around before being extremely invested in his shoes.

"Don't worry, you can look at girls you find attractive. Just don't stare at them for too long, that's borderline stalking" I winked. Troye's face somehow became two shades darker.

Caspar called everyone over to the entrance. We all flashed our tickets before going to the designated cinema. Cinema 6.

The lights were faint, only illuminating the back rests of the chairs and highlighting each elevation of the stairs. The screen was larger than I expected.

"Let's sit at the very top!" Zoe begged. "It's the best view."

"Nah let's sit in the middle, so you don't have to look up or down for the whole two hours" I reasoned.

"Ah, you guys are boring. Come on Alfie, let's go" Zoe stated, dragging along her boyfriend, a few kernels of popcorn spilling out of her box. (btw it's salted, not buttered. But seriously, what the hell is buttered popcorn?? Isn't it all sticky?)

The rest of us decided to sit from the fifth down, taking up half the seats. Troye on my left, Marcus on my right. We softly talked amongst ourselves as we waited for the movie to begin. The cinema was nearly all to ourselves, a few adults taking up the lower seats.

The lights dimmed and the movie began.

***

The movie was called 'Fantastic 4' by Marvel. I thought it was pretty good.

***

"Let's all go to the arcade!" Connor suggested as we walked out of the cinema.

We all agreed, and strolled into Leisure Island. Lights were flashing everywhere and game noises buzzed. There were so many machines and activities, and the crowd wasn't busy at all.

We all spread out, wandering through the games and spending our coins on them we knew we wouldn't win.

In the end I won 97 tickets, exchanging them for a slinky. I lost $15 in total.

It was nearing 5pm, and everyone was heading home. Most of us had gotten driven, some getting lifts with each other.

"Did you drive here? " I asked Troye.

"No, I caught the bus" he replied.

"You're not going to catch the bus back are you? It comes in like, half an hour."

"I can wait."

"Uh uh" I denied, "I'll drop you off. You are not waiting that long just for the bus."

"Tyler it's fine-" he began before I cut him off.

"Nope, I've made up my mind. You're coming with me." I confirmed, grabbing his wrist and dragging him to my car. He huffed, but still allowed me to lead him.

The sun was setting, partially blinding me as I started the car up. The engine rumbled, and a song I've heard too many times whistled through the speakers. I changed the station to something more tolerable, before settling back and beginning to drive.

The car ride was silent, a few hums buzzing here and there. The sky was fading into blazing orange and scarlet. The 5pm traffic not too bad, the red lights fortunately uncommon.

As I pulled onto the familiar street I asked Troye, "so which one is your house?"

"You can just drop me off-"

"Ah! Which one is yours?" I repeated.

"The third one down" he submitted.

I pulled up into the driveway, any cars absent. I glared at the house, not knowing how much terrors have gone on in there.

"Thanks Tyler" Troye thanked me.

"No problem. You're my friend, I wouldn't do any less."

He hesitated, before a small smile curled on his lips. His eyes soft and crinkled at the edges.

"See you on Monday, Ty" he said, and got out of the car.

As he opened his front door, he flashed a wave before the door replaced his body.

A/N

Finally finished this chapter. Can finally start on next one, one providing information on something.
Hope you enjoyed it, comment and vote.

Have a wonderful life.

Jam.