Chapter 42: Recharge

Troye

"Hey Troye, do you want to come over to my house on Saturday?" Tyler asked me at lunch.

"Yeah, um, I can-" I began l but was cut off by our English teacher calling his name. He turned his head, eyes wide with worry. If the English teacher was calling him out, things weren't good.

"Okay, I'll text you when I'll pick you up, gotta go" he muttered quickly, rushing off and cutting our conversation short.

"Wait, Tyler!" I called, but he either didn't hear, or was ignoring me.

This was bad news. I couldn't let him come to my house. He didn't know exactly why and I may have lied but that's beside the point. I could not let him get hurt. That's my biggest worry.

Zoe seemed to notice my panic. "Troye what's wrong?"

" Oh, it's just that I'm busy on the weekend with... Family related stuff, but I didn't get the chance to tell Tyler that... " I muttered, thinking of a way to tell him.

"Why don't you just text him?" Zoe asked.

"Of course, I forgot about that. Thanks Zo'" I exhaled, thinking about how stupid I was.

I pulled my phone out, tapping on to Tyler's contact.

Don't pick me up tomorrow, I'm busy.

I clicked send, but an error came up. I tried twice more but I only got the same response. I cursed. Damn Tyler forgot to charge his phone.

"He didn't charge his phone" I explained to Zoe through gritted teeth.

"Oh well, he'll eventually get it" Zoe replied. How does she stay so optimistic? Oh, that's right, she's not getting beaten up and being married off at home.

My mood seemed to radiate off of me as no one else seemed to talk to me. A wise decision as I was in a shit mood.

When the bell went, I realised my last class didn't have Tyler in it. I guess I had to wait for him after school.

Yet as I waited under a tree, watching the doors, he didn't exit. For ten minutes I waited, but I had to leave otherwise I would get a lecture. He still hadn't left class.

I sighed in frustration, eyes glaring at the ground. Something told me something bad was going to happen tomorrow.

Tyler

I groaned as the last bell of the day went. During lunch, the English teacher told me that I had to resit a test because my mark wasn't good enough. And I had to take it that day. After school.

I lugged my bag over to my English room. I waited outside since no one was in there.

Fifteen minutes later, I see her walking down the hall, a folder and book in hand.

"Oh Tyler, didn't expect you to be so early" she stated while walking into the classroom with me following her.

"Uh yeah" I choked out, refraining from giving a sarcastic response. I was already irritated and bored from having to resit the test, especially since it was a Friday, she could have at least been early.

"Okay, just take a seat and I'll give you the test. Tell me when you've finished." The teacher handed me a test sheet, sitting behind her desk and pulling out a book that suspiciously looked like 50 shades of grey.

The test took just under an hour to complete. Having to write the same essay is pretty boring, especially if you forgot what you had written in the previous one.

I handed the test in, mumbling a small bye before leaving the classroom.

Knowing that someone was bound to have messaged me, I turned on my phone. A battery came up. I forgot to charge it last night.

I groaned. I was missing out on some gossip or drama that would be going on. Maybe I could create my own drama with someone? Who would I start it with though?

My imaginary drama filled scenario that I began to think about distracted me all the way home.

I could hear my mum's laughter, along with seeing two more extra cars in our driveway. Company had arrived.

"Oh Tyler, come say hello to your aunt and two cousins! They decided to pop in on their way through." My mum exclaimed as I walked in through the door.

I plastered on a huge smile to show that I was ecstatic about seeing them, and shared greetings. Mum began to talk about how well I was fitting in with school, with all my new friends. Even though 99.99% of her focus was on my aunt, the other 0.01% was solely on her hand gripping my arm to stop me from wandering off.

I sighed. I wasn't getting out of this mess.

It wasn't until my mother and aunt were red in the face from laughter and possible intoxication from the red wine, that they decided they should part ways. The eldest cousin was luckily able to drive, otherwise they would have been asked to stay home. Shudders.

I collapsed in bed, tired from all the socialising. I pulled my phone out of my pocket before sighing in defeat when I realised I didn't get the chance to recharge it.

My phone plugged in, I began to fall asleep, knowing tomorrow that I would be able to see a certain someone.

My text tone went off thrice, but I ignored it, knowing I will be able to deal with it tomorrow.

A/N hi.

That took a while. But I'm so excited because I'm seeing Troye this Sunday and ajhhhhhhhh... We're in the stalls so up close and personal. Jk.

I am also injured because I fell off a horse. Haha.

Maxi and I were discussing possible ideas for the next few chapters... I've got some plans... that are very interesting to say the least. >;-)

That's all.
Bye bye.
Jam.