Chapter 26: Ocean Eyes

Troye's P.O.V.

We strolled down to the beach, kicking off our thongs. The sun's heat radiated through my body, warming my insides.

The sand squeezed through our toes, delaying our walk. I was glad I could spend more time with Tyler. He just makes me feel calm, like we had known each other for years, when it has only been a few weeks. Probably because he somehow understands me. Yeah, that's the reason.

The beach we were on was nearly empty, only a few women tanning in the sun. One seemed to look familiar but I couldn't place her name, so I shrugged it off.

"Hey Troye, have you noticed your eyes look like the ocean?" Tyler asked as we made our way closer to the water.

"My eyes are blue? What? When did this monstrosity happen?" I exclaimed, faking surprise.

He cackled, lightly slapping my arm. I flinched a little, but he didn't seem to notice.

"Shut up. No, I meant how they look blank and indifferent at a first glance but when you look closer it's all secrets and mysteries" Tyler explained.

I blinked a few times, taking in his words. I never realized that Tyler had looked in my eyes for so long.

"I never realized you were so deep" I responded.

"That's what she said" Tyler smirked, receiving an unamused look from me.

"So childish" I muttered.

"Come on, let's go swimming" Tyler said, beginning to take his top off.

(Different plot than last chapter)

I couldn't look away when I saw his stomach and chest. They were so toned and built. Wrenching my eyes away from the sight, I glanced at the women around me, still feeling the heat rising to my cheeks.

"But what if they notice my bruises and they question me?" I quietly asked, ashamed of my self conscious and anxiety.

I dared to look at Tyler, and relief instantly flowed through me as I saw his expression.

"Don't worry Troye, they won't care or notice. You'll be fine" he assured.

I smiled, and took my shirt off. I slipped out of my jeans, leaving me in my boxers. I was on display now, with my bruises and cuts highlighting my skin for everyone to scrutinize.

Yet when I looked at Tyler, those thoughts disappeared.

We raced each other to the water, cooling down our skin. The salt stung my cuts but I didn't care. The last time i went to the beach was years ago, and everything was still uphill. I shook those thoughts away and focused on enjoying my time, knowing that it won't last forever.

Tyler and I splashed each other, acting like children. We dived and swam, enjoying the blissful day.

A few hours later, we decided to dry ourselves off. Definitely wasn't used to this much exercise.

Tyler and I walked up to the grass area since we both don't like the sand too much. We talked a bit, just asking icebreakers.

It was around 3 I decided I should probably get 'home', no matter how much I hated it.

"I better get back now" I said, watching the horizon.

"Are you sure?" I could hear the disappointment and worry in his voice.

"If I don't go soon, things will just get worse" I replied.

Tyler was silent before sighing. "I guess" he mumbled and stood up.

I stood as well, joining him on the journey to the car.

I slipped my shirt on and brushed the sand off my legs as a rental car drove in and parked away from us. A middle aged woman hopped out, and walked down to the beach. I watched her as she trod through the sand. She spoke to the youngest girl there, who was wearing a pink one piece.

As they began walking back to the car park, I finally saw the faces.

My stomach dropped in realisation and I clambered into the car, hoping they hadn't seen me. Tyler looked at me, confused, but I ignored him.

Why were they here? They can't be here, they're not supposed to be.

I glanced at them, but they were already driving off. My heart racing, I silently panicked.

"Are you okay Troye?" Tyler asked.

I nodded, not wanting to talk. I wanted to savour these moments, to keep them as memories.

Because I knew I wouldn't be staying here for long.

A/N Hey hey heeeeyyyy!
Look who's baack!

Did you miss me? No? Okay...
Nah but I've finally got a plan for this story and I know what's gonna happen. So the hiatus is pretty much over.

I'll be updating about once or twice a week, depending if I have inspiration.

Did you like that cliffhanger? I was thinking whether to put a vital piece of information in, but I was like mmm I'll keep you guys waiting. You will know it in about 2-3 chapters haha.

Btw thanks for 2k, wow. :)

Self promo: check out my Phan story "Killer of Imperfections". Dan is a murderer and wants the world perfect and Phil is a barista.

Twitter: @jamtim321

Imma go now.

BYE!!!.

Jam.