Cake Corners

I sat on the stairs of my dads house waiting for him to arrive, which should be any mintue.

I looked down at my phone as it dinged another notification.

I rolled my eyes seeing it was Jungkook again.

Ever since he had apologized that day, he's been texting me everyday making sure I don't get upset at him again. Which I didn't, except for how he apologized.

I wanted to get rid of the memory of him doing that. But everytime he texts me the warmth of his lips on my wrist just reappear. And I hate it!

The front door open just before I could open Jungkooks text.

My dad walked in behind a driver who was bringing in his luggage. I felt a bit bad that my dad was making him carry so much. I took some of the luggage myself and helped him out.

As soon as my dad saw me he sighed and looked at me with a blank face. It only made me roll my eyes.

"It's good to see you Y/n." His voice was stern and front. So I spoke back the same.

"I wish I could say the same." My Dad sighed once more and crossed his arms. He looked at the ground before speaking again.

"Why do you always have to be this way Y/n?"

"I don't. It's you who makes me this way." My father looked up at me confused. He gave the driver his coat and they set it on the coat hanger before leaving.

"Is that so? I'd like to know how." Mirae shook her head and walked out of the room not wanting any part in this.

"Dad, you have been leaving me ever since Quinn has died and mom moved. You took everything away from mom including me. Why do think I hate you so much?"

A cast of something shadowed over my father. His face seemed unfazed but his eyes looked dark. Something I've gotten used to seeing.

"Y/n. You kmnow my job takes me t I kore places now. And your mpother was the one who left me. I didn't take anything from her. Stop with your nonsense. There is no reason to hate me."

I scoffed and walked past him grabbing my things. I slammed the door behind me.

Just the way I thought it would go. My father has always been a lier. People know my dad as one of the most friendly and trusted critics in the country. But some people put up fake versions of themselves do other people can like them.

Annoyed, I sat in my car not wanting to go back to the dorm. I honestly didn't feel like going anywhere. Either that or I just don't know where to go.

My phone dinged again pulling my attention to it. I grabbed it and opened it.

I sighed seeing it was just Jungkook again.

-Hey, you okay?
-Y/n? Are you not going to answer me?
-Y/n answer me.

-I'm here, Jungkook relax

-Are you okay?

-Yeah, just not really in a good mood.

After a few mintues he didn't reply. Which made my mood even worse.

Why text me if your just going to stop?

I started my car and drove off into town. I wasn't sure were I was going but when I realized that I had already had the heater blasting, and I was cold I knew I need something warm.

I drove to Ten's little shop.

Getting out of the car I made sure I had my stuff and walked in gretted by Ten.

"Hi, Eleven. What rings you here today."

I told him what I wanted and payed for it. But that wasn't enough to satisfy me. Once he got out from the baxk and handed me my food I bit my bottom lip and looked at him.

"Hey, I really need someone to talk to. Do you have time?"

"Talk to me." Ten walked me over to a small table, sitting infront of me Nd listened. I thanked him and started to let out what was on my mind.

He listened respectfully and spoke what he though which really helped me grt more out.

Ten was always the kind to be playful, but he wss always a great listener and advice giver. He always knew how to give people just what they need.

"Well, just let him know. Let him know how you truly feel not just the little edges of it. When you give someone a cake, they aren't just gonna want the corners. They're going to want the whole piece."

I smiled and thanked Ten. But something seemed different about him. I couldn't really put my finger on it but something about his aura just felt off.

"Are you doing okay? You seem off today." I tried to put my hand on his arm, but he moved wirh my hand still in the air.

I looked at Ten confused. He's never done that. He's always been the one who was touchy. Even when we first met as kids. He was a the one who would grab my hand and hug me constantly. Something is definitely going on.

"Ten. What's going on?" Ten looked down and shook his head not looking at me.

Thats when I noticed what was wrong. Shocked I try to get Ten to look at me but he just stood up and shook his head. But I stood up with him.

"Ten. What happen to your wrist?"