Respawn

Unity laughed as Solar scrapped the ice cream off her shirt.

"I had a feeling I was going to drop it." Solar tossed the towels into a trash bin.

"If you would've gotten a bowl like I did it wouldn't have happened."

Unity had been walking around with Solar all afternoon. Their seniors gave them permission to wall around as long as they were back at the hotel in enough time to get ready for the mentor speech.

"Hey, I didn't really want to bring it up, but are you and Jimin a thing?"

Unity stopped walking very confused. She looked at Solar and prayed that she hadn't caught Jimin with her.

"What makes you think that?" Unity took another bite of her frozen yogurt not making eye contact with Solar. She knew that if she would she give in.

That is what sucks about having an older sister. They can get anything out of you with just one look. They're like a mini mom.

"Well I noticed you guys have been glancing at each other. I'm not sure what's going on between you two. But it seems like to me you two need to talk." Solar kept walking leaving behind Unity with her thoughts.

Unity still didn't think there was a reason to talk to Jimin. If there was she would have already done it. She knows how he plays. She knows how all of them play. Jimin the worst.

Unity couldn't understand why he went for her. Especially when he knows what she is going through right now.

"Wait up!" Unity picked up her pace towards Solar. Solar, now empty handed, put a hand over Unity's shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

"Wanna head back? You have to be tired."
-
Jungkook's hands wouldn't stay in their place. He'd put them in his coat pockets, then bring them up towards his hair brushing through it. And again into his pockets.

Today, everyone was able to visit Y/n. She had been in bed for at least three days. Her doctor said she wouldn't be able to leave the hospital quite yet, but hopfully in a week.

Jungkook watched as Mrs. Lai walked towards him. She wore a long beige coat with and blue button up shirt that tucked into a black skirt.

Jungkook noticed she wore this often, possibly her work code.

"Has the doctor been here yet?" Her voice was croaky and low. Jungkook only shook his head only to disappoint Mrs. Lai even more.

Mrs. Lai sat next to Jungkook as he began to shake his knee making Mrs. Lai curious.

"Does Y/n mean something to you?" Mrs. Lai sat back exhausted, and watched the wall in front of her.

"She's my friend. Friends are important to me." Jungkook continued to watch Y/n's door.

"True. But it looks like to me your the only "friend" here."

Jungkook kept quiet hearing this comment. He was telling the truth, friends are important to him. He's only had one other friend in his life so far, and that friend is gone now.

"Look, I'm fine with you being Y/n's friend, Jungkook. But the little thing you had with the other girl, needs to end. If it's one thing Y/n hates, it's liars."

Jungkook looked at Mrs. Lai about to respond but as Y/n door opened he decided not to.

Y/n's doctor came put and smiled at the two visitors. "She's ready, but before you go in I'd like you to take your shoes off, wash your hands and put on gloves and a mask please."

Jungkook nodded understanding. She did just have a heart replacement and they don't want her getting sick and damaging her heart.

Walking in, Jungkook watched a pair of hands wrap around Mrs. Lai. One of the wrists contained a silver bracelet with a purple bow on it.

Joy and peace hugged Jungkook's heart when he saw Y/n. Her eyes were gloomy and tried, but he understood that as well.

He walked over as Y/n smiled at him and held her hand up. Jungkook ignoring the hand, hugged her. Y/n chuckled and hugged him back tight.

"I stayed strong." She whispered in his ear which made Jungkook's eyes want to water but he held them back.

"I'm so happy you guys are here. But, where's dad?" Y/n's voice didn't sound too happy when she asked where her dad was.

Jungkook didn't know the relationship between Y/n and her father, but he knew it wasn't a good one.

"Um, your father isn't here right now. I don't think your father will ever be coming back."

Y/n looked down at her hands something running through her mind. Jungkook knee this was his time to leave.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Y/n." He hugged her again and she said her goodbye.
-
I looked up at Mirae and tightened my jaw.

"He hit you didn't he?" Mirae's eyes grew wide and she walked over to me. She shook her head grabbing my hands.

"I know he's your father Y/n but-"

"He's never been my father. He's always hit me and my mother. He's the reason my brother got into the accident. Um, but before we get comfortable...." I slid my hands away from Mirae and she pressed her lips togther.

"Just because my father treated you bad as well, doesn't mean I'm going to treat you so precious. You still have some explaining to do."

Mirae sighed and sat in a chair across the hospital bed. "Well then, it's going to be a long explanation. Get comfortable."