Trial and Error

Unity rubbed her arms as the quiet dorm gave her more chills.

She wasn't used to the dorm being this cold or quiet. With Y/n still in
the hospital, no one was there to turn up the thermostat at night or to remind Unity to take care of her studies.

Unity grabbed her coat and walked out the door feeling drained from crying so much last night.

She wasn't sure how many times she had called Mr. Lai wondering if Y/n has woken up yet and the answer was still no.

"Unity? Are you okay?" Jimin put his hand on Unity's shoulder and she looked up at him unsure.

"Yeah. I'm just tired." Unity moved his hand off her shoulder.

Jimin confused, felt a bit of a sting in his chest. He brushed it off and followed Unity, he felt bad. Bad enough to feel like he was the one who did it. Who hurt Unity.

Jimin looked around trying to see which street they were on. Having an idea he grabbed Unity's hand and pulled her with him.

"Jimin, what are you doing? I have to get to class. In fact, we have to get to class."

Jimin ignored Unity and kept pulling her towards his destination.

Unity tired from no sleep decided not to argue. Even though she kind of missed arguing with Jimin. He always had a way of persuading her into thinking he was right. Even though they both knew she was right.

Jimin smiled seeing the surprised look on Unity's face. He knew this might cheer her up a bit.

"The fragrance store from the drama? How did you know where this is?" Unity looked at Jimin and he shrugged.

"You do realize I'm famous right?"

Unity scoffed and walked into the store looking around for some perfumes.

Jimin behind her watching smiled a bit. He never realized how much he actually enjoyed being around Unity. It made him feel normal. Like he's never even been around any other girl before. But he knew that was a lie.

"What do you think about this one?" Jimin held up a red glass bottle cologne to Unity and she sprayed it on a stick to smell it.

Unity scrunched her nose a bit and shook her head. "This doesn't suit you.....Here." Unity grabbed a blue bottle next to her and grabbed another stick smelling that one as well.

She gave it to Jimin and he smelled it shocked at the smell. He loved the smell.

"Wow. That's nice. Let me see yours."

Unity handed Jimin hers and Jimin smiled. He definitely liked that one. It matched her perfectly.

Jimin grabbed both bottles and walked over to the cashier.

"Jimin? You don't have to pay for that." Unity tugged on Jimin's arm trying to stop him from paying.

"No I don't have to. But I want to." Jimin looked down at Unity. Unity knitted her eyebrows together confused but let him pay.

The two exited the store and Unity, feeling a bit better, thanked Jimin.

"You thank me after we have lunch together." Jimin held onto Unity's hand and walked with a smirk.

Unity smiled and tightened her grip on Jimin's hand. She couldn't help but feel special.

Entering a fancy restaurant Jimin and Unity sat down and were handed menus.

Unity loved that Jimin wanted to have a meal with her, but she wasn't expecting something like this. She didn't feel very comfortable in a place like this.

Her family was never able to take her out to these fancy restaurants. Most of the time they only had time to order take out and that was it. Her and Solar would just buy food whenever their parents were gone.

"Are you going to order?" Jimin put down his menu and looked towards Unity waiting patiently.

Jimin then knitted his eyebrows together seeing how Unity wasn't answering. Jimin sighed realizing what the problem was.

"Are you uncomfortable?" Jimin asked very softly making sure he didn't make Unity any more uncomfortable then she already was.

Unity only nodded and Jimin stood up taking he hand again and walked out of the restaurant.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize you didn't likethose kind of places." Jimin took Unity's hand and rubbed his thumb across the top of it.

Unity smiled, but it slowly faded away.

"Jimin. Answer me honeslty okay?" Unity pulled her hand away from Jimin and stood in front of him.

Jimin nodded not sure why she was being so serious all of a sudden.

"Why are you doing this?"

Jimin looked away from her not sure how to answer her.

"I'm just being a good friend...?" Unity shook her head to this answer.

"No. Give me the truth. Are you doing this just to get some satisfaction?"

Jimin hurt by those words shook his head and crossed his arms.

"Why would you think that?"

Unity scoffed and handed Jimin back the bag of perfume. She fell back into her upset mood.

"Jimin, I lile you. I do, but the more I think about being with you the more I realize you've never been in a relationship. And it makes me think that all of this is nothing but a hoax for satisfaction like the other girls. I'm sorry, but not right now. Not when all I can think about is Y/n and wondering if she's okay."

Unity walked away leaving Jimin in the same spot. Jimin felt pain. Deep pain, more pain then he's ever felt before.

He hated it.