The Good Day

I gasped as cold frosting speared across my face.

Looked to my right and glared at Mirae as she laughed her socks off.

In the mood, I dipped two fingers into the bowl of scattered frosting and speared the cold creamy chocolate across her nose.

She gasped and whipped it off eating it. Walking to the oven, she opened it and checked on the cake.

"Why do we even need a cake anyway? There's nothing going on."  I stopped mixing the frosting and gave the spatula to Jungkook and he licked the frosting off of it.

"Well it's a good day right? Having cake will make it even better. Plus some other reasons."

I scoffed at her stubbornness. I didn't feel like trying to get her to tell me what else she meant.

Mirae left the room when the door bell rang. I was going to follow her but decided to continue washing the bowl that was once filled with chocolate frosting.

Taking the bowl I started to rinse it off but froze when I felt a hand on my waist and saw Jungkook's other hand put the spatula down in the sink.

I tensed a bit more when he put his other hand on my other side and didn't move. His chin rested onto my shoulder lightly and he sighed.

"Thank you." He whispered in my ear making my spine shiver.

"For what?" The words came out forced making me sound awful.

"Everything. I haven't had good friends since I was little. Plus my brothers are just a pain. It's nice hanging around someone who has common sense."

We both chuckled at his comment and I relaxed a bit under his touch. It started to feel a lot softer then before. Maybe that wss just me, but I knew something about his touch made me feel at ease.

I set the bowl down into the dishwasher to dry and started to wash off the spatula. My body tensed again when Jungkook moved his head into the side of my neck.

His breath on top of my skin, he wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me tighter.

"You smell good. Like roses and honey."

My eyes widened. A sudden rush of sadness filled my heart. I didn't know why.

A fuzzy image filled my head as a voice filled my ears.

"I like it." Jungkook grabbed my chin pulling my face towards his making me focus on him and not the image.

My heart pounded hard in my chest as I watched his eyes move down from mine to my lips. He leaned in.

I didn't take my eyes off of him.

He got closer.

He kissed my cheek. His soft lips pressing lightly at my cheek.

As Jungkook moved away from my cheek he looked me in the eyes and smiled.

"I gave you the bracelet."

I turned towards Jungkook, his hands still on my waist, and furred my eyebrows together. I held up my wrist,

"This? You gave me this?"

Jungkook nodded a smile still on his face. Something about that smile, it gave me warmth.

I smiled and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you Jungkook. Thank you so much!" He chuckled and hugged me back.

"No problem."

"Hey Miss Heart Healthy!!" My eyes widened ans I looked across the counter.

"Unity!?" I ran to the other side and I hugged her tightly as she did so back.

"I missed you. So much!" She let go and smiled cupping my face.

I looked behind her as Jimin came up and kissed her cheek. My mind was not only reminded by Jungkook's kiss but also confused by this interaction.

I looked at Unity with wide eyes and she looked down ashamed.

"It's a long story. But uh, I might have broken the rule."

I scoffed and ruffled Unity's hair. "Idiot." She laughed and followed Jimin farther into the kitchen.

Solar came in after and hugged me.

"I'm so happy your okay, sweety." I nodded and hugged her again. Solar has always been my big sister and I am so happy to have her and Unity.

"By the way, what's up with you Jungkook? You two seem to be very close. Like closer then close."

I looked at her confused. "What's that suppose to mean?" I sat down next to her at the counter and watched as she pulled at my wrist.

"This? It was a gift from him. And how do you know about this?"

Solar chuckled and put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm your older sister. I know about everything. And look at the bow. It's gold painted purple. Very expensive. Why buy something expensive when it could get ruined in surgery?"

I thought about it for a second. But then I rolled my eyes pushing those thoughts down deep.

"It was a gift as a friend. Nothing else. Same goes with everything else. Only because we're friends."

Solar shrugged. "Even the kiss?"