Story to Truth

"To start from the beginning, I used to know your mother and father when I were younger." Mirae started talking and I could already tell the sadness in her voice.

"We all knew each other when we were in high school. Along with Jeon. Jeon and I were good friends and still are. Your mother was dating your father at the time."

I nodded paying attention the best I could. I just felt weird. Maybe it was the fact that we were all kind of friends as well, but that couldn't be it.

"And I was jealous. Jealous that your parents were togther." Mirae didn't meet my eyes.

Something in me felt sad. And regretful, but I wanted to listen to the whole story. Another part of me was telling me she only dated my dad to get back at my mom.

"It got so bad to the point that I had to move. So I did. I moved to Seoul and started my business early. But when I heard about them marrying and having children I grew into a new person. The one you know as manipulative and rude."

This drew my attention. I didn't know this wasn't her. I didn't know she actually felt anger and sadness when ever she saw me.

"But I didn't marry your dad out of spit. In fact I was happy to see that he was willing to try with me. But the more I saw him the more I realized he wasn't the one I was in love with. It was your mother."

My eyes went wide and something changed. The feeling of tension lifted and filled with something I have felt in a long time. Something I haven't felt since I last saw my mother.

"I should've just broke it off with your father when I realized it then. But when I saw the things he did to you, I knew I'd have to ignore the feeling I had towards him and focus on you. Protecting you."

I watched as Mirae got up and sat on the small bed. She still didn't meet my eyes and I respected that. I was glad she could share this with me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. I shouldn't have assumed, I shouldn't-" Mirae shook her head again.

"It's fine. Look, your father isn't in the best state right now. I don't think he'll come back or at least for a while. He had his bags packed and he said he had had enough. So when you leave he won't be here to hurt you anymore. I promise."

I smiled and for once I had actually seen most of her smile reach her eyes. It was nice.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but visiting time is over in 10 minutes." My Doctor walked in giving us a heads up.

Mirae thanked him and we both sat in silence for a bit. Mirae grabbed my hand and pointed at the bracelet.

"That must be special."

"It would be if I knew who it was from. But I have no idea."

Mirae chuckled getting my attention. She shrugged getting closer and looking me in the eye.

"I know this whole thing isn't going to make you trust me instantly, but I hope we can get there."

I nodded and hugged her again before she left.

I laid back in the bed and tried to get some sleep but to be completely honest I couldn't.
I kept thinking about everything.

Maybe I need to get away from here. Take a break from almost dying ever single day.

But maybe this is what I need. Maybe I being tested.

Whatever this is, sucks. I have never had anything or anyone happen so quickly in my life. I hope things slow down soon.