Chapter 12

"Where the hell did your dick go Jaeger?" Levi taunted with that appalled but amused look on his face. I smirked in return.

"It's called a tuck sweetheart." I said, fluttering my eyes. We were both shouting a bit over the music so we could hear each other.

"And your father let you walk out of the house like this young lady?" he teased a bit.

"Do I look like the kind of girl to listen to my father?" I asked playfully, still remaining in my feminine persona.

"Cut that out. This is awful." he said, lightly shoving me and holding back a bit of a laugh.

"Like you can talk. I've never seen anyone dress up as Hitler for Halloween before." I looked him up and down. He had his hair styled purposefully messy and wore a fake, thick and short black mustache. He also wore a black suit with a tie. It had to be Hitler.

"I'm Edgar Allan Poe." he huffed in annoyance.

"Who?" I asked innocently. Of course I know who Edgar Allan Poe was. I was just trying to get one of those exaggerated sighs out of him. And as I expected, he sighed one long sigh and massaged the bridge of his nose, kind of like Armin does sometimes. "I didn't think I'd see you here. You don't seem to be much of a party guy." I said.

"I'm not. I'd prefer not to be in a place like this where I'm surrounded by steaming hot piles of puke or where my ears are overwhelmed with moans from the bathrooms but-"

"That's Jean and Marco by the way." I quickly added. "Continue". He scoffed.

"But my friends forced me to come. Although weirdly enough I can't seem to find them anywhere." he said looking around the room, jumping to see over the crowd of significantly taller people. I laughed at that.

"Would you like me to lift you up? Maybe you'll see better over the towering crowd of average sized people." I said through my hysteria.

"Fuck. You." he said, jerking his head toward me to give me a menacing look.

"My friends kind of abandoned me too. Wanna stick together?" something about being with Levi had calmed me down from my near breakdown so I felt a magnetic pull toward him now.

"Sure." he said while shrugging his shoulders.

Levi drank quite a bit actually throughout the night. He seemed to get wilder and wilder with every drink which way something I wouldn't expect to see from him. I had of course kept my promise to myself by not drinking and we kind of just hung out. I was having fun with him anyways. We were in the middle of the dance floor and the music was even louder than it was a couple hours ago.

"Jaeger!" he yelled through the music, dizzily dancing and sloppily dragging his feet.

"What!" I screamed back.

"You're really pretty!" he yelled, giggling like a 7th grade girl. I had never heard Levi giggle. He was always so cold and stoic. Oh yeah, he was drunk alright.

"Does the costume appeal to you Levi!" I teased, shaking my tail just like I did to Jean earlier.

"No! I mean you! You're pretty!" he continued slurring his words a bit, looking at me right in the eyes with his stupid shit faced smile. I felt a bit of blush creep up to my cheeks and my stomach kind of curled. I knew he wouldn't have said something like this if he was sober. It was very out of character. Nonetheless, I was flattered.

"Thank you Levi. You're pretty too." I was still shouting a bit.

"You..." he sniffled a bit. "You really think so?" he cried. Man I needed to get this boy away from the liquor table. It seemed like every other minute he was walking over to it and taking another shot.