Chapter 30

"Eren." said a familiar voice. It was definitely a guy but there was a hint of femininity to their tone.

"Who's there?" I replied in slight panic. It was pretty dark and I couldn't see anything.

"You don't recognize me Eren? You told me you loved me." said the voice again. It echoed throughout the entire room. It was then that it hit me.

"A-Armin?" I said hesitantly. He then walked into the light. It was the old Armin. He had his girlish haircut and wasn't as strong anymore. This was the Armin that I used to love. He got closer to me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"Let's dance Eren." He whispered in my ear. Then, music began playing out of nowhere. I didn't know the name of the song but I knew I had heard it multiple times. I put my arms around his waist and we began swaying.

"I missed this." I said softly. It was then that he pulled away and pushed me forward. I landed on a bed and my surroundings were changed to what I recognized to be his bedroom.

"Do you wanna touch me Eren?" he said, crawling up onto me and straddling my hips.

"No. I can't. I love.." What was their name again? Armin then began kissing my neck and whispering sweet things. "Please stop I'm with..." damn it! What was their name?

"Say my name Eren." he whispered. I didn't. I couldn't. I felt as if I was betraying somebody I deeply cared about. But in this moment, I felt lust and a magnetic pull towards Armin. "Say my name Eren." he whispered once again, moving his hands all over my upper body. I resisted again, but finally gave in when he requested one more time. "Say my name."

"Mhhh Armin".

Everything went black and I slowly fluttered my eyes open to see Levi, sitting up next to me, looking at me in horror. I was confused at first, but then it clicked. 'Shit shit shit shit shit!' Did I say that out loud or was I just dreaming it? Based on the way Levi was staring, I was probably right in assuming that I had said that out loud. What have I done?

He shifted away and sat at the edge of the bed. We sat there for a bit in silence before I finally decided to speak.

"Levi I'm so sorry I don't know wha-"

"Shut it" he interrupted. He had never spoken to me like this before. I always thought he was cold but this was something else. He was combative, and there was a hint of heartbreak in this voice. "Of course that's what this is. God how could I have been so naive?" He continued. Still refusing to look at me. My heart ached. "You still love him don't you? You still love him goddamnit and you knew you couldn't fix your relationship so you go searching for someone that reminds you of him to replace him. Sure I'm not the obvious choice. Unlike him, I'm just a pessimistic son of a bitch who obsesses over germs and he's this happy, stupid fucking ray of sunshine or whatever." he said flailing his arms.

"No! Levi I-"

"But we're really the same aren't we? We both probably do really well in school, he probably knows the same fucking books and references I do, we both have trouble sleeping. Not to mention the fact that we had 'coincidentally' picked the same art gallery. I'm assuming he's somewhat of an artist too then? Am I not correct?" I just sat there in silence while hot tears welled up that I was fighting so desperately to not let fall. "Fuck Jaeger!" he cried out burrying his face in the palms of his hands. He was right. He knew from the start. Which was probably why he never wanted to open up to me in the first place. But what he didn't know was that I actually loved him. I loved him so much. But I didn't know what was happening with Armin and I was so confused about everything. "Well are you gonna say something?" he said, jerking his head to me. I couldn't find the words. He looked down at his lap. "Tch! Pathetic." he whispered.

"Levi please wait!" I pleaded, tears rolling down my cheeks as I tried to stop him from reaching for his shirt. But he shrugged me off. "Levi please give me another chance I-"

"Save it!" he cussed as he grabbed his backpack and stormed out of my room to make his way downstairs. I ran after him. I couldn't let him leave. Not like this.

"Levi! I don't want you to leave. Please!" I pleaded once again. My voice trembled. He grabbed the doorknob and without a second of hesitation until I grabbed his wrist, spun him around so he could face me and I just let it out: "Levi you're my whole world! I love you!!" He looked at me and softened his expression. His eyes were sad now but he shed no tears. His hands slowly made their way to cup my face as he stood on his tiptoes to press his forehead against mine. I sighed out in relief and let a tear fall down my cheeks which he wiped away with his thumb. His breath was uneven and so was mine. And then, he kissed me, one last time. It was soft, and passionate but not long. He pulled away, and softly whispered:

"You love the idea of me."