Chapter 32

"Eren! Come down Liebchen!" hollered my mother from downstairs. I hadn't even registered the fact that she was addressing me and stared at the wall, in partial darkness, only letting in the little light from the closed blinds light up the room. The smell of sweat and chronic masturbation welled up in my room. It was pathetic, and enough to convince me it wasn't even worth it to get up anyways. I let him down, and there was no taking that back. I couldn't even cry anymore, and I was afraid that if I moved, something might trigger one of my episodes. So I remained there, locked in my room with dirty dishes and scraps of trash on my desk. It was becoming difficult to tell exactly how many days, no, weeks I had been in this state of mind. My grades of course slipped. Levi wasn't here to save the day with his superbrain anymore. I saw him today in the hall. He looked tired. He looked like me. I never see him in Math anymore though. It was too late for me to get my grades back up before the next report card so I could kiss that guitar goodbye. I had lost Levi, Armin hated me, I was back to being a dumbass, and everytime I hung out with the remainder of my friends, they seemed to babysit me instead of treating me like a normal person. I had snapped on them too. So I just had Mikasa left. Not like she had much of a choice to stick around though, she was obligated by the fact that we were siblings. I had nobody to blame but myself. "Eren Jaeger!" she called once more, dragging me out of my sinking trail of thoughts once again. I then heard the creaking of the door open and saw my mother stare at me from the doorframe. I hummed as a lazy response. "There's someone who wants to see you downstairs." she walked out of the doorframe and back downs. I might as well get up to close the door she had so carelessly left open. It had completely gone over my head what she had just said. All I could really focus on was my determination to get back into my bed. So with that, I briefly stood up, closed the door and crashed back onto my mattress. The mattress, Levi and I would hold each other in on occasional nights. The matress that had adapted his smell and left faint traces of it in the sheets. How I missed that smell. The door then swung open again with a comparable force to last time. The footsteps that approached it prior to that action sounded a lot heavier. I turned my head only lifting my eyes from under the covers, expecting to see my mother once again coming to tell me to come downstairs, but my blank and inattentive state was wiped away when I saw him.

"Jesus Christ you couldn't even come downstairs to give your big bro a welcome home hug?" Zeke said jokingly. Fuck. Off. I scoffed and turned to the wall, burying my chin in the sheets.

"Why the hell are you even here?" I hadn't spoken in days, so my voice was quite raspy and dry.

"Didn't I tell you I'd be back for summer break?"

"It's May." I growled. He nervously laughed. God I can't even look at him right now.

"Well do I need an excuse to see my favourite little bro?"

"I'm your only 'little bro', and you do when you've been gone for two and a half years with nothing but a few texts here and there." I sassed. He sighed.

"Get ready. We're going out and I doubt you want to be looking and smelling like that in public."

"I'm not going out."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not!" My tone was clearly filled with infuriation and annoyance. I just wanted him to leave.

"Holy shit your voice got deep." He said in a cheery voice.

"Shut up!" but he completely ignored me.

"Tsk Tsk Tsk. Someone's moo-dy. Anyways, I'm giving you half an hour before I come in and physically drag you out myself, decent looking or not." He then shut the door behind me. This was his usual attitude. He could never take anything seriously and he was always hiding behind jokes. I let out an exaggerated groaned. 'Well I'm clearly not getting out of this. And I'm starting to get bed sores so I might as well just go.' I thought to myself as I lazily stood up and rubbed my eyes.