Chapter 23

1 month. 1 whole month of livin on a cloud of ridiculously cheesy romance novel material. Me and Levi could be seen a lot more often together but we weren't really doing anything that suggested we were anything but close friends outside of our privacy. We both decided it wasn't really appropriate for people to know yet considering the confusion between us and the circumstances with the whole Petra and Armin drama. But of course, my entire friend group knowing me pretty well, immediately figured out we were dating. I didn't really deny it though, I knew I could trust them. And I knew Levi had told Furlan and Isabel about it. I ended up hanging out with those two a lot more than I expected though. They were very different from Levi, but they all got along so well. Them being foster siblings explained how close they were despite how they were less than likely to attract each other's company as friends in any normal circumstance. Isabel went on to get adopted when she was 13 and Furlan the following year leaving Levi on his own for a bit, but he was grateful that they kept in touch and now here they were. I'd started calling Levi little nicknames like "snookums" or "babygirl" to get on his nerves. And sometimes, I'd use it as a way to get him to kiss me since that was usually the way he got me to shut up. We spent tons of time at his house but he refused to come to mine out of the fear of meeting my parents and rubbing them the wrong way. So this gave him lots of opportunities to have that moment where we could finally go all the way, but he never really came onto me as strong as that night. He needed more time and I had no intention of rushing him. I was fine with our relationship just the way it was. God that feels so weird to even think about. Me being in another relationship after everything that went down.

Levi was still Levi at the end of the day. He never really got all that emotional anymore and was still always making pessimistic comments and saying mean things. But I did feel him loosen up a bit whenever we got a moment alone. I was also really happy to see him sleeping better too. Of course there were those days where I would step in and try and help him when he texted me at 1:00 in the morning saying he needed help. But I didn't mind driving over there for him and feeling exhausted the next day if he needed it. I still couldn't really believe that Levi was my boyfriend. And the itch that was the thought of still loving Armin Arlert was slowly going away. Was this me finally moving on?

"Hey pumpkin? Do you know when midterms are?" I asked Levi, trying to hold back the laughter seeing as I had just called him "pumpkin" to piss him off.

"Jaeger, you're on thin fucking ice" he scolded. We were at his place and he was wiping the counter tops thoroughly as I was admiring his latest painting he hung up in the entrance. We had just finished eating some take-out at his place.

"I gotta go by the way. Mikasa has a jiu jitsu competition and she wants me to be there for her" I said, making my way over to Levi and wrapping my arms around him from behind, causing him to stop wiping the counter and accept the hug for a while.

"Jesus Christ, your sister does everything. Didn't she have the state chess tournament thingy last week?"

"Yep. And next week is debate."

"She's gonna get a stress induced ulcer soon." I laughed a bit at his last comment before burying my face in the crook of his neck, enjoying the last of my time with him today.

"Alright. I'm out." I said before giving him a kiss on the cheek, letting go of him and walking toward the door.

"Let me know how she does." He yelled from the kitchen as I laced up my shoes. I then started laughing. "What's funny?" he said, slightly annoyed.

"You remind me of my mother, cleaning the dishes and yelling at me from the kitchen."

"Fuck. You." he sounded a bit angry now but there was still a hint of playfulness to the way he was speaking. I laughed even harder, collapsing on the ground and hugging my stomach. "Alright. Fine then." he said as he began making his way over to me. I was still so hysterical my eyes were closed. But they quickly opened when I felt his lips firmly press against mine. He let his tongue touch the surface making me part my lips so I could let him in. He swirled his tongue a bit and didn't even give me a chance to breathe. I moaned a bit in his mouth before he bit my lip as he pulled away. "You can't tell me you're mom kisses you like that now can you?" I smiled and shook my head as he hovered over me. He got up, and helped me to my feet. You're gonna be late." he said nearly walking off. But I quickly reached for his wrist and pulled him closer to give him another quick peck on the cheek.

"Bye bye pooky." I said as I walked out of the entrance to my car on the driveway. He stood there at the door frame and rolled his eyes before closing the door behind him.

Mikasa was doing really well today (not really surprised). At least it looked like she was doing well. She was kicking ass up there and no one looked like they stood a chance. My parents were cheering her on as they always did and my dad was awkwardly holding up his smartphone to take pictures.

"Eren, Mikasa tells us you have a new boyfriend. How come you haven't brought him over yet Liebchen?" asked my mother, leaning a bit and turning her head at an angle to be able to see me. Dad was in between us and still taking photos.

"Is it the one you went to the movies with?" my dad chimed in.

"Oh yeah. I guess I forgot to tell you me and Levi started dating. But I talk about him all the time, how have you guys not picked up on it?" I said, my eyes still glued to Mikasa putting someone in some weird hold with her legs.

"Bring him over for dinner sometime. He seems like a nice boy." said my mom.

"He really is mom. But I'm pretty busy with band practice this week and he gets a bit nervous when I mention you guys to him." I replied. Now Mikasa was slamming someone to the ground and I couldn't help but wince a bit.

"He has no reason to be nervous! Are you talking badly about us to him?" she said defensively.

"No mom, I promise. And I'll bring him over when he's ready. I promise." I said, turning to face her.

"Trust the boy Carla. It seems he needs a bit more time." My dad said now putting his phone down and turning to face my mom. I wasn't lying when I said Levi was nervous to meet my parents. But I left out that he was feeling guilty about not being able to introduce me to anyone. I of course told him it was ridiculous but he was pretty sensitive about it so I decided I would leave it alone for now. He'd come around. Mikasa of course got a gold medal, or was it a trophy? It was becoming difficult to keep track.